GEN Lunch and Learn – The Fundamentals of Mindfulness
Friday, March 6, 2020, 11:30 AM–1:00 PM
780 Village Center Drive
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
Map and directions
- Members $ 25.00 Before Mar 5, 2020 Members $ 25.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 25.00 Before Mar 5, 2020 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 25.00
- Non-members $ 35.00 Before Mar 5, 2020 Non-members $ 35.00
Registration for this event has closed.
Do you struggle with taking on too much, procrastinating, feeling overwhelmed, or reacting impulsively? Practicing mindfulness can help you make changes to these patterns and improve your quality of life, even in the face of stress or difficulties. This presentation is designed to provide an overview of mindfulness. What it is and what it is not. You will learn about the benefits as well as ways you can begin applying these skills to your everyday life.
Speaker: Robert B. Allanson, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
Check-in 11:30 AM
Presentation 12:00-1:00 PM
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Understand the meaning of Mindfulness.
- Identify potential personal benefits of this approach.
- Explore how to begin practicing use of mindfulness in your own life.
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Personal Development - Non-Technical
Earn about 1.0 CPE Credits
CPE hours: 1.20
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
- No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
- A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
- Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
- A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.