Utility Billing Seminar
Thursday, June 12, 2014, 9:00 AM–3:30 PM
- Members $ 80.00 Before Jun 5, 2014 $ 105.00 Between Jun 5, 2014 and Jun 27, 2014 Members $ 105.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 90.00 Before Jun 5, 2014 $ 115.00 Between Jun 5, 2014 and Jun 27, 2014 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 115.00
- Non-members $ 120.00 Before Jun 5, 2014 $ 150.00 Between Jun 5, 2014 and Jun 27, 2014 Non-members $ 150.00
Registration for this event has closed.
Location: This seminar will be broadcast regionally at the following sites:
•Hoffman Estates Village Hall
1900 Hassell Road
Hoffman Estates IL
•Moline Water Treatment Plant
30 - 18th Street
Moline, IL 61265
•Park Forest Village Hall
350 Victory Dr
Park Forest, IL 60466
Check in: 9-9:30 AM
Seminar: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Seminar description: Join the IGFOA for a seminar discussing the utility billing process including legal issues involved in bankruptcy/foreclosure, liens, shut-off procedures and collections and steps to discontinue service; best practices for establishing water and sewer rates; and discuss current rate structures and how they relate to water usage as well as maintaining existing infrastructure. Participants will be encouraged to share their procedures with the group as specific topics are discussed. A great opportunity to learn what others are already doing in their communities.
Intended Audience: Local government professional and support staff involved in the utility billing process
- Discuss best practices for establishing water and sewer rates.
- Learn how to deal with legal issues encountered during the utility billing process including bankruptcy/foreclosure, liens, shut-off procedures and collections.
- Discuss current rate structures and how they relate to water usage as well as maintaining existing infrastructure.
Dave Richardson, Finance Director Retired-Village of Streamwood
Rachel Musiala, Finance Director, Village of Hoffman Estates
Kim Auchstetter, Finance Director, Village of New Lenox
Christopher Buckley, Senior Project Manager, Baxter & Woodman
Ann Marie Lampariello-Perez, Attorney, Rathje& Woodward, LLC
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
CPE Credit: Earn about 6.5 CPE credit
CPE hours: 6.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
- Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis,
- Payment should be mailed in advance or made at the door,
- IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year.
- If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com as soon as possible,
- A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to June 5, 2014. Cancellations after June 5, 2014 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition. Registrants that cancel or fail to attend without paying the required fee will be invoiced and collection pursued in accord with the Executive Board policy on accounts receivable,
- IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full, and
- Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.