Illinois Government Finance Professionals' Academy Level I
Thursday, September 25, 2014–Friday, September 26, 2014
Doubletree Guest Suites and Conference Center
2111 Butterfield Road
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Map and directions
- Members $ 160.00 Before Sep 27, 2014 Members $ 160.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 180.00 Before Sep 27, 2014 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 180.00
- Non-members $ 275.00 Before Sep 27, 2014 Non-members $ 275.00
Registration for this event has closed.
About the IGFOA Academy
The Illinois Government Finance Professionals Academy is designed to provide a solid foundation of skills, knowledge, and an appreciation of the unique environment and dynamics of professional government finance practices in Illinois. The Academy provides professionals throughout Illinois the opportunity to participate in high quality education in a small, student-focused setting. Academy participants also engage in networking opportunities to strengthen professional development
The two day Level I Academy delivers the full series of survey courses about all facets of government finance in Illinois.
Those that complete the entire Level I Academy within a two-year period will receive an Illinois Government Finance Professional Level I Certificate.
Learning Objectives - after attending this Academy, participants should be able to:
- Identify primary best practices for government finance and access information about implementation of those practices
- Explain the basic principles of professional government finance
- Connect with peers to gather information about practices in other communities
Who Should Attend
- New finance department personnel seeking an overview of government finance
- Professionals with limited experience in government finance
- Non-finance professionals such as department heads and assistant department heads whose primary duties are unrelated to finance
- Elected officials unfamiliar with government finance
Advanced preparation required: No advanced preparation required, please bring your entities Annual Financial Report and Budget documents
Delivery method: Group-live
CPE program level: Overview
CPE credits at Level 1 Academy: About 14 CPE hours
Are overnight rooms available?
When will Level II classes be offered?
Level II classes will be offered throughout the year and at the Fall Academy October 30, 2014.
Are there any scholarships available for the 2014 Academy?
Yes, the Downstate Chapter of IGFOA offers scholarships for the 2014 Academies. Apply by September 18th to be considered for Level I scholarship at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/igfoascholar.
CPE hours: 13.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
• Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis,
• Payment should be mailed in advance or made at the door,
• IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year.
• If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible,
• A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to September 22, 2014. Cancellations after September 22, 2014 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition. Registrants that cancel or fail to attend without paying the required fee will be invoiced and collection pursued in accord with the Executive Board policy on accounts receivable,
• IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full, and
• Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.