Volunteer Opportunities: If you are interested in volunteering on one of the IGFOA committees please visit the volunteer opportunities page and contact the IGFOA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Resources Page
- Growth & Engagement Network
- Legislative Committee
- Serves as the Association's voice in the state and federal legislation process and develops relations with state constitutional offices in order to communicate local government views and promote sound government financial policies.
- Membership Committee
- Works to encourage membership participation in Illinois GFOA activities and attract new members.
- Nominating Committee
- Seeks candidates for the IGFOA Executive Board and reviews candidates’ credentials. Recommends candidates for election at the Annual Business meeting.
- Partners Forum
- Advise the Executive Board, as requested, on matters pertaining to Partner Program, Associate members' dues, benefits, and participation in the Annual Conference and other training events. Also assists with retention of Partners and Associate members and outreach to potential members.
- Past Presidents' Circle
- An informal network of Past Presidents, this Circle is an effort to recognize the contributions of our Past Presidents and draw on their knowledge of the association and profession. Typically meets at least once each year in late summer.
- Professional Education Committee
- Provides technical, informational and skill-building courses widely recognized for quality, relevance to current needs and contribution to individual professional development. Upcoming Educational Opportunities IGFOA Power Point Template IGFOA Template - Presentation Checklist and Due Dates IGFOA Template - Agenda, Description, and Learning ObjectivesIGFOA Content Review FormHow to View/Download Your CPE Certificates
- Technical Accounting Review Committee (TARC)
- Monitors and comments on activities and rulings of the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). The committee provides testimony on GASB standards and educates the IGFOA membership on those standards. TARC Recommended Accounting Treatment for PPRT Update (posted 11.28.2017) Public Act 100-0023 - TARC Recommended Accounting Treatment (posted 11.28.2017) TARC responds to the GASB’s Invitation to Comment (ITC) on the Financial Reporting Model A NEW FINANCIAL REPORTING MODEL FOR GOVERNMENTAL FUNDS TARC RESOURCES FOR IMPLEMENTING GASB STATEMENTS IGFOA RESPONSE TO GASB EXPOSURE DRAFTS GASB Links SAS 112 RESOURCES AUDITOR RELATIONSHIP Recommended Practice for Treatment of Balances in IMET Liquidating Trust Recommended Accounting Accounting Treatment for PPRT Revenue Misallocation and more!