Past Presidents' Circle
An informal network of Past Presidents, this Circle is an effort to recognize the contributions of our Past Presidents and draw on their knowledge of the association and profession. Typically meets at least once each year in late summer.
"I shall do my utmost that whoever is to hold the helm for the next voyage shall start with the best possible chance to save the ship." A. Lincoln
What is the IGFOA Past Presidents’ Circle? The Past Presidents’ Circle is an effort to recognize the contributions of our Past Presidents and draw on their knowledge of the association and profession. Specific purposes may include:
- Cultivate a pool of experienced volunteers to network in association
- Assure Past Presidents are reasonably up-to-date on issues affecting the association so they can be informed ambassadors
- Encourage input regarding member services and issues affecting the profession
- Enlist help to foster leadership to govern and guide IGFOA
- Spark potential interests in national GFOA Board service
- Advisory group/sounding board
- How often does the Past Presidents’ Circle meet? Depending on Past Presidents’ level of interest, we expect to meet twice each year, and stay in contact by fax or e-mail throughout the year.