The IGFOA Jobline and Internship includes on-line announcements and each week new listings will be included in the IGFOA Weekly News. For more information contact IGFOA at 630.942.6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- » FINANCIAL ANALYST | City of Springfield
- » Staff Accountant | Village of Downers Grove
- » Account Clerk | City of West Chicago
- » Finance/Accounting Intern | City of Rolling Meadows
- » Intern | Village of Tinley Park
- » Assistant Finance Director | Winnetka, IL
- » Business Manager | Des Plaines Park District
- » Payroll/Human Resources Analyst | City of Joliet
- » Assistant Finance Director/Senior Accountant | McHenry County, IL
- » Internal Audit Manager | Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- » Executive Assistant - Finance | City of Wood Dale
FINANCIAL ANALYST | City of Springfield
Posted on Oct 19, 2018 and open until Nov 1, 2018.
The Office of Public Utilities, Finance Division is seeking an individual to analyze the financial performance of the Electric and Water Funds of City Water, Light & Power (CWLP) and write reports explaining the findings of such analyses. Complete analytical reports and studies assigned by the Supervisor of Fiscal Services, Assistant Finance Director, Finance Director or Chief Utility Engineer. This position requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration or accounting and one year of professional experience in financial analysis and reporting, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Current employees (where applicable) and persons hired or rehired after 1-1-17 shall maintain their bona fide residence within the corporate limits of the city during all periods of service. Newly hired or rehired employees have 12 months from date of hire to establish city residency.
800 East Monroes
Springfield, IL 62701
How to apply:
Staff Accountant | Village of Downers Grove
Posted on Oct 18, 2018 and will remain open until filled.
Staff Accountant, Village of Downers Grove
The Village of Downers Grove, IL is seeking a Staff Accountant to report to the Assistant Finance Director.
General Responsibilities: The individual in this position will be responsible for preparation of journal entries, account analysis and preparation of financial statements including monthly, quarterly and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
Position Requirements: The successful candidate will be have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting with two to four years’ experience in professional accounting work. Use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Eden software experience helpful.
Essential position requirements include the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. The Staff Accountant is responsible for the monthly close. In addition, the Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining and reconciling general ledger accounts which includes preparing operating reports and financial statements, and analyzing financial transactions. The Staff Accountant prepares reports and analyses necessary for annual audit and prepares audit schedules.
Starting Salary: The minimum salary for this position is $53,152 with starting salary DOQ. The Village provides an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
Position open until filled.
801 Burlington Avenue
Downers Grove, IL 60515
How to apply:
Complete the online application by visiting www.downers.us, and clicking the Job Openings link. Only online applications will be accepted.
Account Clerk | City of West Chicago
Posted on Oct 15, 2018 and will remain open until filled.
The City of West Chicago, Illinois is seeking an individual with strong communication and organizational skills to serve as an Account Clerk for the Administrative Services Department. The position performs a variety of technical and clerical accounting duties involving customer service support, record keeping and transaction processing including accounts payable, utility billing, daily bank transactions and other assistance in support of the Administrative Services Department. Position serves as first contact for the City and provides general information and assistance to the public. Position requires: high school graduate or equivalent, one year of general experience in an accounting environment. Bilingual English/Spanish required. Previous municipal experience a plus. Salary range: $48,533 - $67,946. Send resume and letter of interest to Carol Le Beau, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com, or City of West Chicago, 475 Main Street, West Chicago, IL 60185. EOE
Position open until filled.
475 Main Street
West Chicago, IL 60185
How to apply:
send resume and letter of interest to Carol Le Beau, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or City of West Chicago, 475 Main Street, IL 60185
Finance/Accounting Intern | City of Rolling Meadows
Posted on Oct 10, 2018 and will remain open until filled.
DESCRIPTION: The City of Rolling Meadows, IL (24,009) is part of the Chicago northwest suburban area that encompasses 32 communities along Interstate 90 from O’Hare airport to Elgin, Illinois, referred to as the “Golden Corridor”. The City of Rolling Meadows is centrally located and engaged in new strategies for economic growth and development. The City of Rolling Meadows is looking for a Finance/Accounting Intern. The student filling this position (unpaid) will handle a wide range of important municipal finance duties and responsibilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Finance Director on special projects such as the City’s software transition to an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Assist with month-end financial reports.
- Help with accounts receivable and payable items.
- Work with Finance on organization and filing projects.
- Data entry and spreadsheet assistance.
- Reconciliation of audit schedules.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants should be Public Administration, Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science and/or Accounting majors with experience in Microsoft Office applications. Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and use various software applications is essential to this position.
3600 Kirchoff Road
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008-2498
How to apply:
To apply, please go to https://www.cityrm.org/jobs.aspx to download the City’s Employment Application under “Tools”. Complete and return the application to the attention of the Finance Director, Melissa Gallagher at email@example.com. For questions, please contact Finance Director, Melissa Gallagher at 847-870-9041.
Intern | Village of Tinley Park
Posted on Oct 10, 2018 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Tinley Park (population of approximately 57,000) seeks currently enrolled student attending College, University, or Graduate school for 1-2 year Internship. The Village of Tinley Park has received The Government Finance Officers Association of the U.S. and Canada (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Finance Reporting for the Village’s comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR) for 26 consecutive years.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for assisting the Finance Department with professional and administrative work associated with financial reporting and data entry. Examples of potential assignments are as follows: creating journal entries, making adjustments, balancing accounts, entering and verifying data, creating/imputing invoices, assisting with police pension reporting, completing other various monthly reports, administrative work, and other miscellaneous projects.
• Currently enrolled College or Graduate student enrolled full time (12 credit hours) seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree in Accountancy, Finance or related field of study;
• Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills as well as great attention to detail;
• Some experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook;
• Must possess a valid Motor Vehicle License; and
• Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol screen and criminal background investigation. Pay Range: $12.23-$17.35/hour (based on years of college completed).
16250 S. Oak Park Ave.
Tinley Park, IL 60477
How to apply:
Application Process: Send a completed Village of Tinley Park Application for Employment, cover letter and resume to the Village of Tinley Park – Human Resources Department by 5:00 p.m. on October 19, 2018. Online application available at www.tinleypark.org Human Resources page or hard copy format available at the Village Hall.
Mail to: Human Resources, Village of Tinley Park, 16250 South Oak Park Avenue, Tinley Park, IL 60477.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Finance Director | Winnetka, IL
Posted on Oct 2, 2018 and open until Nov 8, 2018.
Winnetka, IL (12,187), Beautiful north suburban community known for its tree lined neighborhoods, excellent schools and high level of municipal services is seeking its next Assistant Finance Director. A home rule community with a AAA bond rating, Winnetka is located in Cook County, Illinois, approximately 16 miles north of Chicago on the shore of Lake Michigan. It is a full service municipality with a water, refuse, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and electric utilities. The Village has a proposed FY2019 annual budget of $74.68 million and has 153 full-time employees. The finance department has 11 full time employees and 1 part time employee.
The Assistant Finance Director is an important member of the Village’s management team and works closely with the Finance Director with respect to key decisions regarding operation and capital planning, collective bargaining, long and short term revenue and expenditure strategies, budget development and administration, insurance and risk management activities, and all policies affecting the overall fiscal health of the Village. Specifically, the Assistant Finance Director will:
- Supervise the information technology and utility billing staff acting as the systems administrator for the Village’s integrated accounting and financial management software.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Village’s annual budget, including property tax analysis, capital improvement plan, personnel justifications, departmental planning and document production. This responsibility also includes working with all Village departments in training, developing budget goals, aligning resources and tracking expenditures.
- Perform revenue and expenditure analyses as well as cost allocation reviews; create, monitor and evaluate operating performance indicators.
- Oversee the procurement process for all departments including the preparation of technical and complex specifications, contracts and solicitation documents. Analyze purchases in an effort to reduce costs and/or improve services.
- Assist the Finance Director in reviewing, tracking, recommending and closing liability and risk claims made against the Village.
- Assume the duties of the Finance Director in the Director’s absence.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, public administration, business, or a related field. A master’s degree in public policy, public administration, finance or business administration is preferred. Candidates must have three to five years progressively responsible experience in finance or administration with demonstrated experience in supervising personnel. Municipal experience is preferred along with considerable knowledge of general, governmental and utility accounting. The successful candidate will be a highly collaborative, customer service oriented professional with the ability to work closely with employees throughout the organization. The Village of Winnetka offers a competitive benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Village of Winnetka
How to apply:
Salary: $83,920 - $129,112+/- DOQ. Candidates should apply at once but no later than November 8, 2018 with resume and cover letter online at www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Heidi Voorhees, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road #130 Northbrook, IL 60062 Tel: 847-380-3240.
Business Manager | Des Plaines Park District
Posted on Oct 1, 2018
Job Title: Business Manager
Grade: 12 ($59,551-$67,000 DOQ)
The Business Manager directs the daily operations of the Business staff to include registration, payroll, facility rentals, and the receipt and disbursement of District Funds.
Reports to: Superintendent of Business
Supervises: Full Time: Accounting Assistant, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Front Desk Receptionist, Part-time: Seasonal Registration Clerk
- Oversees the daily work flow essential to preparation and maintenance of finances and records.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates the Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounting Assistant, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Front Desk Receptionist and part-time staff, as needed, in the Business Department.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of Business Department computer system applications; including but not limited to, accounting, registration, payroll and investment software.
- Prepares and executes appropriate bank transfers to meet expense and investment requirements and maintains and executes subsidiary records and system entries.
- Prepares, files, and investigates sales tax by monthly deadline.
- Reconciles bank accounts monthly and verifies reconciled bank balances with general ledger.
- Prepares, reconciles, and files monthly IMRF report by deadline. Investigates discrepancies and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Prepares, reconciles, and files quarterly 941 and IL-941 tax reports in accordance with legal filing requirements.
- Prepares, reconciles, files and distributes annual W-2s and 1099s forms in accordance with legal filing requirements.
- Prepares and submits monthly and quarterly IDES (Illinois Department of Employment Security) reporting, per requirements and deadlines.
- Prepares monthly report for Silver Sneakers program and submits to Tivity.
- Assists in audit preparation, as directed.
- Assist Superintendent of Business with internal audit on all accounts and records, as directed.
- Provide current cash flow information to the Superintendent of Business for investment purposes.
- Responsible for supervision of timely month-end closing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Registration, Investments and general ledger computer systems.
- Responsible for maintaining and keeping the general ledger current; approves all journal entries.
- Responsible for daily pullovers, no longer than four days’ lag time.
- Responsible for periodic pickups and cash control at the Golf Center, Chippewa Pool, Iroquois Pool and Lake Park, as needed.
- Maintains codes for RecTrac and General Ledger.
- Remains knowledgeable of all state and federal HR laws and their application to the District.
- Attends training sessions and classes for professional development.
- Assists with special events including the coordination of Volunteers and oversight of cash control at annual Fall Fest.
- Member of a Park District committee, as assigned.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Park District Safety and Crisis Manuals.
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or Accounting
Experience: Two years related experience. Moderate computer skills.
Certifications: CPR and First Aid Certification, Classes available through District upon hire. Valid Illinois Driver's License
Software: Microsoft Office. BS&A Accounting Software and RecTrac registration software, a plus.
2222 Birch Street
Des Plaines, IL 60018
How to apply:
To apply, please go to http://www.desplainesparks.org/ and select the 'Jobs' tab. The position is listed under 'Business Department'. Fill out the online application and inlcude all requested documents.
Payroll/Human Resources Analyst | City of Joliet
Posted on Sep 24, 2018 and will remain open until filled.
Performs all essential functions related to payroll, including required deductions, payments, prepares related reports, authorizes/administers employee access to payroll; performs payroll-related functions, such as compensation/benefit requests, salary changes, etc. The City utilizes ADP, Inc. as its payroll software vendor. Salary: $73,098/year.
150 W. Jefferson St.
Joliet, IL 60432
How to apply:
Apply online at cityofjoliet.info. Job applications can be found under Departments/HumanResources.
Applications can also be submitted in person at 150 West Jefferson, Joliet, 60432.
Assistant Finance Director/Senior Accountant | McHenry County, IL
Posted on Sep 21, 2018 and open until Oct 22, 2018.
GovHR USA is pleased to announce the recruitment of candidates for the full-time position of Assistant Finance Director/Senior Accountant.
About McHenry County
Located in northeastern Illinois on the Illinois/Wisconsin border, McHenry County lies in the center of Chicago, Rockford, and Milwaukee. Founded in 1836, McHenry County consists of 603.17 square miles of land and 7.64 square miles of water. Recognized for its scenic beauty and outstanding recreational opportunities, McHenry County has 25,371 acres of conservation land with 17 dedicated state nature preserves, along with 33 sites open to the public offering exceptional opportunities to explore the scenery and view wildlife in its natural habitat.
The 2018 estimated population is 309,000 making it the sixth largest County in Illinois. It is the most populous county in the United States without direct access to an interstate highway within its borders; though, in 2019, an Interchange Project will commence at Illinois Route 23 and Interstate 90–Jane Adams Tollway which will provide future thoroughfare access vital to the County’s growth.
About McHenry County Government
The County Board consists of a County Chairperson and four representatives elected from six districts. In September 2018, the County Board voted to decrease the number of Board Members from 24 to 18 members effective with the 2022 election. The day-to-day operations are managed by a professional County Administrator who has served in the position since 2005, and who oversees a full-service organization consisting of 1,150 employees in 27 different departments and offices. In August 2017, the County Board approved a Strategic Plan which sets forth goals, objectives and action items through 2020. Progress on the Strategic Plan is tracked and reported online.
McHenry County’s financial condition is stable. It is one of three counties in Illinois to have earned and maintained a AAA bond rating from Moody’s Investor Services. Additionally, for its 2017 budget the County earned the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for the fourth consecutive year. Transparency is important to County leaders, and in 2017 the County implemented live video streaming of the County Board and Committee of the Whole meetings, which can be viewed from the County’s informative website.
About the Position
The position reports to the Associate County Administrator-Finance and is located in the Finance Division which is part of the County Administrator’s office. The position will be responsible for providing support in the following areas: analyzing accounting records, entering and reviewing entries, auditing completed entries, financial compliance, financial reporting, assisting with budget development, and supporting all aspects of the Finance Division.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of GASB and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles and practices related to financial projections, forecasting, analysis and planning.
- Experience with spreadsheets, formatting reports and financial management/ERP systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide clear communication for decision making.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at different levels with varying levels of financial knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of three years of local government experience.
Candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary range is $80K-$100K, DOQ. A comprehensive benefits package includes medical and dental insurance (also available to dependents), life insurance, and membership in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF). The County offers paid vacation, personal days, holidays and sick leave.
How to apply:
Candidates should apply to www.GovHRJobs.com with a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references. First review of candidates by the County will begin on Oct. 22.
For questions contact: Mike Earl, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA at 224-261-8366 or email@example.com
McHenry County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Audit Manager | Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
Posted on Sep 10, 2018 and will remain open until filled.
Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), an award-winning pension fund located in Oak Brook, Illinois, is seeking an Internal Audit Manager . The Internal Audit Manager will manage the Internal Audit staff that are responsible for auditing IMRF’s internal operations and auditing payroll, enrollment records, and selected financial reports for municipalities who are a part of our multiple employer public employee retirement system.
Key Responsibilities for the Internal Audit Manager role:
- Manage the Internal Audit staff, consisting of direct and indirect reports
- Develop procedures and coach staff
- Manage the employer audit work program for municipalities that belong to IMRF
- Manage the internal audit program
- Communicate status to the Audit Committee/Board of Trustees
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (Master’s degree preferred)
- 5 years of recent public accounting or internal audit experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Strong communication and Excel skills, including the ability to prepare concise and well-written reports and correspondence
- Municipal audit experience is a plus
- CIA designation is a plus
- This position requires a Valid Driver’s License and the ability to drive for long periods (2 – 3 hours at a time) in a variety of weather conditions
- A company car and credit card for gas will be provided when traveling on IMRF business
- Cell phone and laptop provided
- May require travel of 10% to 20% each month, including some overnight
- Generous insurance benefits, including medical and dental
- 35 hour base work week, Monday - Friday
- Death, disability, and pension retirement benefits as a member of IMRF
- Paid vacation, 12 paid holidays and 2 personal days
- Onsite amenities include health club, café and salon
- Award-winning organizational approach to performance excellence
2211 York Road
Oak Brook, IL 60521
How to apply:
Visit our web site at www.imrf.org to learn about IMRF and to apply to this position.
Executive Assistant - Finance | City of Wood Dale
Posted on Sep 5, 2018 and will remain open until filled.
The City of Wood Dale is seeking applicants for the position of Executive Assistant within the Finance Department. This position interacts directly with the public via the City front desk and telephone, performs diverse administrative work and confidential assignments, and provides assistance to the other positions within the Department: Finance Director, Accounting Manager, Accounts Payable/Receivable, and Utility Billing.
The successful candidate must possess excellent customer service skills, the ability to understand and explain complex situations, and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Associate’s degree from an accredited institution supplemented by course work in secretarial science, business administration, or related field(s); secretarial experience at the executive level including experience in municipal government; or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Microsoft Office suite proficiency required.
The typical work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., evening and weekend hours as needed/required.
The salary for this position is $49,673 base DOQ. Benefits include Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund; paid vacation and sick leave accrual; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
404 N. WOOD DALE ROAD
Wood Dale, IL 60191
How to apply:
This position is open until filled. Applications are available on the City website and at City Hall. Interested candidates should download and complete an application and submit this along with a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person.
The City of Wood Dale is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For a copy of the IGFOA W-9 Form, email your request to email@example.com.