The IGFOA Jobline and Internship includes on-line announcements and each week new listings will be included in the IGFOA Weekly News. For more information contact IGFOA at 630.942.6587 or email@example.com
- » Audit Manager - State and Local Government | Baker Tilly Virchow Krause
- » Accounting Manager | Village of Round Lake Beach
- » Finance Director | Village of East Dundee
- » Assistant Director of Finance | Village of Western Springs
- » Payroll / AR Specialist | City of McHenry
- » Part-Time Fiscal Assistant: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable | Village of Clarendon Hills
- » Sr. Budget Analyst | Dupage County
- » Financial Services Supervisor | Roselle Park District
Audit Manager - State and Local Government | Baker Tilly Virchow Krause
Posted on Feb 18, 2019 and will remain open until filled.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements and act as a resource for engagement team members through application of extensive knowledge and experience.
- Identify accounting, financial statement, and reporting issues, based on professional guidelines including GAAP and the Certificate for Excellence in Financial Reporting Program.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client’s operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Participate in business development efforts to include working collaboratively with Senior Managers, Partners, and Marketing to target and build relationships with client prospects and acquire additional business.
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and participate in individual's performance appraisal process.
- Manage engagements and projects in order to achieve specific revenue and profit objectives through the management of the client's budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees billed.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Opportunity to assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. Master’s Degree or other advanced degree desired.
- CPA required.
- Five (5) plus years of experience providing attest services in a professional services firm including two (2) plus years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and the Uniform Guidance.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills.
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship.
1301 West 22nd Street, Suite 400
Oak Brook, IL 60523
How to apply:
Please apply for the position directly on the company website found here.
Accounting Manager | Village of Round Lake Beach
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 and will remain open until filled.
Essential Position Duties:
The duties listed below are considered to be the basic duties for which this position was created and which cannot be transferred to another position without disruption of the flow or process of work:
- Review and reconcile ledgers, control accounts, subsidiary ledgers, encumbrances and budgetary accounts
- Prepare various financial reports, ledgers and written communications as required, using calculator, word processor and specialized computer software
- Maintain and audit account records, including motor fuel tax, TIF Districts, business districts, payroll, oversees utility billing procedures and daily cash balances
- Perform highly complex and varied tasks, such as the analysis of investment funds, which requires thorough knowledge of finance, accounting procedures and the exercise of independent judgement.
- Accumulate statistics and compile records on computer equipment and computer related software packages
- Conduct special studies requiring the application of research skills and perform surveys of the business community, general public, and other municipalities via telephone
- Review Village accounting procedures and make recommendations to improve internal control, assure conformity to policy and increase effectiveness
- Compiles detailed accounting reports for various Federal, State and County agencies
- Maintains cost and related records on major construction and maintenance projects
- Assist, advise, and confer with other department personnel in the performance of various practices associated with budgeting, expenditures, document preparation, and other accounting functions
- Process Miscellaneous Accounts Receivable invoices and related tasks
- Maintain confidential information and uses discretionary judgement in processing information at all times
The salary range is from $55,000 to $65,000.
1937 N Municipal Way
Round Lake Beach, IL 60073
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance Director | Village of East Dundee
Posted on Feb 13, 2019 and open until Mar 8, 2019.
Village of East Dundee, Finance Director
The Village of East Dundee, Illinois is seeking a full-time Finance Director. Under the supervision of the Village Administrator, the Finance Director works closely with the executive team, and staff to carry out the operations of the Finance Department. See the Village’s website at www.eastdundee.net for the Finance Director Recruitment Brochure.
The Village is seeking proven, progressive and passionate-for-public-service candidates committed to excellence in financial management. A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field, with the attainment of a Master’s Degree or related graduate degree high desirable. At least 7 years of progressively responsible finance management experience desired, public sector preferred.
The successful candidate will be a professional with strong leadership and team-building qualities, oral and written presentation skills, the ability to plan, organize, coordinate and supervise the operations of the Finance Department, and a commitment to exceptional customer service.
The starting salary for this position is $105,000+ DOQ plus excellent benefits including participation in IMRF. The Finance Director is an exempt position.
120 Barrington Ave
East Dundee, IL 60118
How to apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, and employment application by email to:
Attn: Brad Mitchell, Assistant Village Administrator
Village of East Dundee
120 Barrington Avenue
East Dundee, IL 60118
A copy of the employment application can be found on the Village’s website at www.eastdundee.net on the Forms and Applications page under Administration.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, March 8, 2019.
The Village of East Dundee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assistant Director of Finance | Village of Western Springs
Posted on Feb 11, 2019 and open until Mar 11, 2019.
The Village of Western Springs is accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Director of Finance position.
The Assistant Director of Finance is responsible for a variety of aspects pertaining to the management of the Village’s financial activity, including providing support and advice to the department staff, development of policies and procedures and evaluation of the Village spending revenue analysis. Work involves assisting the Director of Finance in the auditing, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of matters related to expenditures, receipts, assets, and liabilities. The position interacts with every facet of the department; exceptional customer service skills are required.
The Assistant Director of Finance will assist with preparation and distribution of the Village’s Comprehensive Annual Finance Report (CAFR), and annual budget, complete monthly financial reports for the Village Board along with cost-benefit and other financial analysis as needed. The incumbent will assist in making appropriate changes and preparing annual reports. The position is responsible for reviewing and approving all payroll information to meet the Village, State, and Federal requirements.
The successful candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree is preferred, but not required with appropriate experience and other qualifications. 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or closely related field.
Starting pay $80,000 plus benefits.
740 Hillgrove Ave.
Western Springs, IL 60558
How to apply:
The employee application is available online at wsprings.com or at the Village Hall. Please submit applications to email@example.com or to the Department of Administrative Services, Village of Western Springs, 740 Hillgrove Avenue, Western Springs, IL 60558.
Payroll / AR Specialist | City of McHenry
Posted on Jan 30, 2019 and will remain open until filled.
The City of McHenry is a progressive municipality serving 27,000 residents and 330 full and part time employees. We are seeking a detail oriented, reliable person to fill the role of Finance Specialist responsible for all Payrolla dn Accounts Receivable functions. Candidates must have five years proven experience processing payroll and payroll taxes, for a complex multi-union organization using payroll software (Tyler Incode), time and attendance software (In Time), Candidates must know payroll and HR laws and best practices. verify and maintain time keeping records, maintain accurate payroll and accounting records, reconcile accounts, process and pay benefit vendors. This position requires a high level of confidentiality and an in depth background check.
- Execute timely and accurate processing of payroll, tax filing, and reporting including bi-weekly payroll processing and third party payments.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Process all aspects of time card administration including new employee set up and monitoring supervisor approvals, and transfer of data to payroll.
- Processs information such as new hires, pay rate changes, job/department transfers, and employee information accurately.
- Understand, track and process benefit accruals.
- Maintain employee lists and payroll records, wage increases, for new hires, position changes, terminations, etc.
- Process employee garnishments in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with legal requirements and internal policy.
- Maintain accounts receivable including setting up of new accounts, address changes, and new account files.
- Place and remove liens, maintain lien files and lists, answer phone calls.
- Balance daily receipts. Review cash transactions for accuracy, process cash reports.
- Create monthly and quarterly invoices
- Provide audit assistance as needed.
- In depth knowledge of federal and state payroll laws and IRS regulations pertaining to payroll compliance.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Working with time & attendance, payroll, and HR systems.
- Solid measurable understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
$53,763 - $57,000 DOQ Full benefit package
333 S. Green Street
McHenry, IL 60050
How to apply:
Online applications only. Access posting at www.ci.mchenry.il.us (click Human Resources/Employment) or click the direct link below.
Part-Time Fiscal Assistant: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable | Village of Clarendon Hills
Posted on Jan 28, 2019 and will remain open until filled.
Overview: Under the direct supervision of the Finance Director, the position assists in the day-to-day functioning of the Finance Department.
Duties: Work includes reviewing and recording payments and invoices, entering information into financial software, preparing invoices for Village activities, and assisting the Village Hall’s front-office staff in answering inquires. The selected individual will work at Village Hall during regular business hours.
Pay/Benefits: Starting pay for the position is $22.28 per hour. Position requires 25 hours per week with flexible start time. Benefits include participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMFR), paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
- High school graduation or GED equivalent.
- Experience in billing or collections work.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures.
- Ability to maintain financial records, and to prepare clerical and routine financial reports.
More information: To view a full job description and all requirements for the position, visit Clarendonhills.us/employment.
1 North Prospect Avenue
Clarendon Hills, IL 60514-1292
How to apply:
To apply, send a resume and completed Application for Employment (found on Clarendonhills.us/employment) to Pnickell@clarendonhills.us or mail both documnets to:
Village of Clarendon Hills
Attention: Peter Nickell - Fiscal Assistant Application
1 N. Prospect Avenue
Clarendon Hills IL, 60514
Sr. Budget Analyst | Dupage County
Posted on Jan 14, 2019 and will remain open until filled.
DuPage County is seeking a qualified professional for a Sr. Budget Analyst position.
Schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- Assists in the preparation and management of the County’s annual budget
- Analyzes, consolidates and interprets financial data
- Assists with the review of all funding requests in the context of a consolidated budget
- Monitors the budget and spending throughout the year
- Reviews and forecasts future financial needs
- Reviews County department and Elected Official office’s budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with laws and regulations
- Manages and updates departments and offices on the uses, sources and availability of funds
- Serves as a lead worker or supervisor in the assignment of finance, accounting and grant related projects, effectively recommends such actions for assigned personnel
- Plans, develops and implements policy and procedures for the administration of departmental financial analysis and accounting, gathers, compiles, organizes and documents relevant financial information
- Prepares detailed reports and presentations for review by all levels of management
- Consolidates a wide range of operating and financial projections for the development of both short term and long term business plans
- Recommends financial actions for internal planning and review to outside Consultants in their report preparation (cost study, OPEB, etc.)
- Ensures availability of funds for payment of bills
- Ensures that uniform financial procedures are maintained
- Assists subordinate personnel with work problems
- Sets up procedures to maximize efficiency and cost savings
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field along with fours years of experience in professional finance and budget related work experience.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience in MS Office and Infor/ERP system
- Proficient in creating complex spreadsheets and databases
- Prior experience with Oracle/PBCS
A pre-employment background check is required.
Hiring Salary: $72,000 - $77,000
421 N. County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
How to apply:
Applications and resumes can be submitted DuPage County Department of Human Resources, 421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton IL, 60187.
Website address: www.dupageco.org
Link to DuPage County Application: http://www.dupageco.org/HR/1743
Financial Services Supervisor | Roselle Park District
Posted on Jan 14, 2019
The Roselle Park District is looking for a Financial Services Supervisor to join our Administration team at our 10 N. Roselle location.
The Financial Services Supervisor, under the supervision of the Superintendent of Finance and Administration, supervises assigned administrative functions including financial bookkeeping, payroll, budgeting, auditing, and computer/business systems support.
The Roselle Park District operates and manages over 158 acres of land in 16 parks, and offers approximately 276 recreational and seasonal programs. We provide a full range of activities and services year-round. Major recreation programs include athletics, music, cultural arts, dance, day camps, fitness, preschool, outdoor recreation, trips, and special events.
Roselle Park District provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital and housing status.
Please apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/rparks/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Administration
10 North Roselle Road
Roselle, IL 60172-2149
How to apply:
Please apply online at
For a copy of the IGFOA W-9 Form, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.