Part-Time Staff Accountant | Village of Clarendon Hills
Posted on Sep 13, 2019 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Clarendon Hills, IL (pop. 8,500) is seeking a detail- oriented individual to be the next Part-Time Staff Accountant. Clarendon Hills is located in DuPage County approximately 17 miles west of Downtown Chicago.
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Director the position assists in the day-to-day functioning of the Finance Department and front office. Work involves processing, verifying, and recording financial data relating to accounts payable and accounts receivable, as well as providing various accounting duties. A high level of accuracy is essential to succeed in this position.
Responsibilities Include but not Limited to:
- Preparing and processing all monthly accounts payable, including preparation of payables listing for Village Board Report,
- Preparing invoices for a variety of Village services including repair of damage to Village property, rentals, intergovernmental agreements, and new water meters,
- Collecting on past due accounts,
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations and journal entries,
- Assisting in accepting payments for water bills, licenses, building permits, and other obligations,
- Assisting with answering incoming call for Village departments and offices; responds to general inquiries and refers other to appropriate Village departments,
- Assisting in general office work and responds to customers at front desk,
- Cross-trains and acts as backup for payroll,
- Providing assistance during the annual audit process.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or significant work experience in related field,
- Experience in government and/or fund accounting preferred,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel,
- Strong attention to detail,
- Solid organizational skills and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to work independently in an efficient and accurate manner.
- 9:00 AM – 2:30 PM, Monday – Friday with some flexibility with start time.
- Pay range for this position is $22.28 - 29.70 per hour,
- Paid vacation/sick leave.
Village of Clarendon Hills
1 North Prospect Avenue
Clarendon Hills, IL 60514-1292
How to apply
To view a full job description including a full listing of job duties and requirements, visit Clarendonhills.us/employment.
To apply, email a resume and Application for Employment (found on the employment page of the Village’s website), to Pnickell@clarendonhills.us or mail a resume and completed Application to:
Village of Clarendon Hills
Attention Peter Nickell RE: Part-Time Accountant
1 N. Prospect Avenue Clarendon Hills, IL 60514
Position open until filled.The Village of Clarendon Hills is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Village of Clarendon Hills
Part-Time Staff Accountant
|Clarendon Hills, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.