Staff Accountant | Village of Olympia Fields
Posted on Nov 27, 2019 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Olympia Fields, IL has an opening in the Finance Department for an accounting professional under the direction of the Director of Finance.
The position requires extensive contact with the public and therefore the ideal candidate must possess excellent customer service skills. They must also be highly motivated to work well under pressure, have the ability to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy. Must be dependable, highly organized, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Processing accounts payable
- Invoicing and tracking accounts receivable
- Processing payroll
- Posting month end journal entries
- Reconciliation of bank and general ledger accounts
- Prepare month end reports
- Review and analyze ledgers for unusual and/ or incorrect entries and prepare adjusting entries
- Assist in the preparation of year end adjusting entries and audit work papers
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget
- Assist other positions within the department
- Special projects as assigned by the Finance Director
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance, with three to five years of related accounting experience. Proficiency with MS Office Suite and computerized accounting software is required. Experience with MSI (Municipal Software) is a plus.
Village of Olympia Fields
20040 Governors Highway
Olympia Fields, IL 60461
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume with cover letter to:
The Village of Olympia Fields is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Village of Olympia Fields
|Olympia Fields, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.