Accountant | Village of Pingree Grove
Posted on Dec 5, 2019 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Pingree Grove, IL (population estimate 9,000) is a progressive community located in northern Kane County, Illinois.
The Village is led by a Village President and Board of Trustees who are actively involved in Village operations and the establishment of policy. The Village employs a Finance Director who has primary responsibility for the Village’s fiscal policy and finances, and is looking to hire a full-time accountant to provide supportive services in the Finance Department.
The position is described below and in detail on the Village's website - www.pingreegrove.org. The position is a full-time position eligible for all Village benefits. The Village participates in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund for pension benefits, and offers competitive health and dental insurance, as well as other related benefits. Salary for this position shall be between $45,000 and $55,000, depending on qualifications. Previous public finance experience is strongly preferred.
The following duties are typical for this position. Employees may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Prepares payroll including checks and direct deposits, payment of taxes and benefit liabilities .
- Prepares department payroll reports.
- Prepares and processes monthly, quarterly and annual payroll reports including employee W-2s, and other required reports; ensures reports are in compliance with government regulations.
- Prepares bi-monthly Warrant Report for approval by Board of Trustees. Review and process approved invoices for payment.
- Prepares and processes annual vendor 1099s; ensures reports are in compliance with government regulations.
- Reconciles vendor statements.
- Set up new vendors.
- Reconciles and prepares daily deposit of funds received.
- Prepares quarterly invoices to developers for reimbursable costs.
- Maintains records of outstanding invoices.
- Prepares collection letters and adds uncollected Ordinance Violations to resident Utility Bills.
- Coordinates with collection agency and prepares collection information for uncollected invoices.
General Accounting functions
- Remains informed as to best public finance practices and develops, recommends and assists in implementing departmental policies and procedures.
- Reviews accounting transactions for proper account classification.
- Reconciles assigned subsidiary ledgers; researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Participates in budget and fiscal year-end audit activities.
- Assists Finance Director in monitoring budget for various departments and projects.
- Organizes and maintains all files within assigned functions.
- Provides responsible staff assistance to the Finance Director; prepares reports as necessary.
- Responds to public inquiries and complaints in a courteous manner; provides information within the area of assignment; resolves issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Develops documentation and process manuals for all assigned functions.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by Finance Director.
Village of Pingree Grove
555 Reinking Rd
Pingree Grove, IL 60140
How to apply
Persons interested in this position should submit:
1) A completed copy of the Village of Pingree Grove Job Application, available at www.pingreegrove.org.
2) A resume.
Applications and resumes should be submitted via email to email@example.com. Hard copies are not required. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
|Village of Pingree Grove
|Pingree Grove, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.