Procurement and Accounts Payable Manager | City of Naperville
Posted on Jan 24, 2020 and will remain open until filled.
The City of Naperville is looking for a Financial Professional to manage, direct and coordinate the activities and personnel of the procurement and accounts payable team. This position is responsible for the overall development and implementation of purchasing strategies and work processes for the City.
- Manages and directs the procurement and accounts payable team, including assignment of work activities and monitoring of workflow.
- Provides policy advice to the City administration, assuring City procurement processes are in line with the Procurement Code.
- Promotes collaborative procurement and accounts payable efforts to drive efficiency across departments and with other municipal entities and vendors.
- Directs and participates in the analysis, review and award of all City bids and proposals in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and procedures.
- Directs and participates in the analysis, review and processing of all vendor payments in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and procedures.
- Directs and participates in the review and preparation of the annual 1099 filings and unclaimed property reporting and the semi-annual stale check processing,
- Oversees the City’s travel policy; provides direction to the accounts payable team and departments regarding the implementation of the policy.
- Oversees the City’s procurement card program and works cooperatively with the Procurement Card Administrator regarding the implementation of the program.
- Builds and nurtures relationships with Business Partners including City Departments, External Vendors, Finance Department Peers and other key groups.
- Responsible for the follow-up on any contract non-performance issues with vendors.
- Attends council meetings, as required, to explain bids, proposals, and waiver of bid recommendations.
- Attends resident group meetings for discussions related to procurement and accounts payable processes and city contracts.
- Recommends the revision of rules and regulations in the Purchasing Ordinances. Responsible for maintaining records to support City procurement processes and finalized contracts.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or related field required.
- Certified Public Purchasing Official designation (CPPO) preferred. Three to five years of related experience required.
- One to three years’ experience in a supervisory role preferred related skill sets required.
- Graduate degree in Public Administration, Business or Finance preferred.
City of Naperville
400 S. Eagle St.
Naperville, IL 60540
How to apply
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
APPLY ON-LINE AT:
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.
|City of Naperville
Procurement and Accounts Payable Manager
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.