Staff Accountant | Village of Tinley Park
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Tinley Park (population of over 57,000) seeks a Full Time Staff Accountant to work forty (40) hours per week in the Finance Department. Under the general direction of the Village Treasurer/Finance Director, the Staff Accountant performs a variety of accounting functions, such as preparing journal entries, bank reconciliations, annual audit related duties, preparation of a variety of financial reports, assisting in budget process and maintaining accurate financial records for the Village and performing related accounting tasks as assigned.
Essential job Functions:
- Prepares numerous financial statements, worksheets, and reports relating to the Village’s operations, general ledger, and accounts, as directed or assigned.
- Reviews financial documents and prepares various reports for the Village Board or other reporting agencies as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of the Village’s annual budget and financial reports, as well as other monthly and year-end reports and audits.
- Maintains a variety of accounts and/or assessments for the Village, as assigned.
- Accumulates, calculates, posts, balances, and reconciles data for specific accounts and payroll; Identifies, traces, and otherwise resolves discrepancies in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs various special projects (including studies and analyses) assigned by the Village Treasurer/Finance Director.
- Provides assistance to other accounting staff and to other Village departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration, or a closely related field; Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) highly preferred.
- Knowledge of general and fund accounting principles and procedures, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Governmental Accounting Standards.
- Knowledge of policies and practices, general ledger maintenance and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and financial software. Ability to apply accounting principles to the maintenance of fiscal and accounting records.
- Minimum one (1) – two (2) years’ progressively responsible municipal accounting or finance work.
- Successful completion of pre-employment testing, and Valid motor vehicle license.
Residency Requirement: All full time employees are required to reside within a thirty (30) mile radius, measured from any border, or Village limit, of Tinley Park within twelve (12) months of employment date. Residency in Indiana is not permitted.
Starting Annual Salary and Benefits: DOQ based on experience and qualifications plus generous benefit package including vacation per policy, health/dental insurance, IMRF, Life Insurance and other optional programs including deferred compensation.
Village of Tinley Park
16250 S. Oak Park Ave
Tinley Park, IL 60477
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates may complete an Application for Employment obtained online at www.tinleypark.org or obtained in person at the Village Hall. Submit with a cover letter, resume and above referenced documentation.
Applicants are highly encouraged to submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by mail or in person at the Village Hall (night drop available) attention Human Resources, Village of Tinley Park Village Hall, 16250 South Oak Park Avenue, Tinley Park, IL 60477.
|Village of Tinley Park
|Tinley Park, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.