Director of Finance | City of Country Club Hills
Posted on Feb 20, 2020
Reports to: Mayor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay range: $73,000 - $110,000
Position Summary: Responsible for oversight of accounting staff and all City finance/accounting activities – budget management, financial reporting, month end close, internal controls, etc. Ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions utilizing GAAP.
- Oversee the operations of the Finance Department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Direct and coordinate City financial planning and budget management functions.
- Prepares City operational budget by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing and consolidating financial data.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget, and initiate corrective actions.
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal accounting reporting requirements; maintains current knowledge of existing and new legislation.
- Report to Mayor and City Council with monthly financial updates, including variances from the established budget and the reasons for the variances.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements; coordinate annual audit; prepare/gather requested schedules & documents.
- Forecast cash flow positions and related borrowing needs.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational needs and project management.
- Direct and manage the overall operation of Payroll Processing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and related systems.
- Review and monitor subsidiary ledgers; correct abnormalities
- Maintain banking relationships
- Manage capital asset acquisitions.
- Safeguards City assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data.
- Prepares Tax Levy.
- Train, supervise and evaluate departmental staff
- Serve as primary liaison relative to City financial issues/concerns
- Develop, implement and enhance Finance department policies and procedures; ensure ongoing compliance.
- Prepare financial statements for governmental and enterprise funds.
- Analyze financial trends and provide recommendations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college/university with a concentration in Finance or Accounting; Masters Degree preferred.
- 5 to 10 years experience in a senior level finance or accounting position.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a finance or accounting position for a municipality; with 2 years supervisory experience
- Licensed as a State of Illinois CPA, preferred
- Knowledge of fund accounting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Proven ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work across various departments/job functions
- Time management/organizational skills
- Effective team management skills
- Presentation skills
- Skill in budget analysis
- Proficient in the use of ACS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is performed primarily in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. This does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
City of Country Club Hills
4200 W. 183rd St.
Country Club Hills, IL 60478
How to apply
Send resumes directly to Mary Bruhn, Human Resource & Benefits Administrator
|City of Country Club Hills
Director of Finance
|Country Club Hills, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.