Chief Financial Officer | DuPage County Government
Posted on Mar 20, 2020 and will remain open until filled.
- Develops, implements and administers financial management components including financial reporting, accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, cost reporting and annual budget related to County resources as well as grants
- Administers self-insurance programs, long term debt financials, financial audits and tax objection cases with the State’s Attorney’s office
- Oversees the operations of the Purchasing division
- Oversees the Risk Management functions for the County
- Functions as a member of the County’s management team to resolve issues and implement plans of action
- Ensures the Finance department is administering best practices and procedures using various financial computer systems
- Oversees the development and completion of the County’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Provides County Board with explanation of financial issues such as long-term planning, decisions, and debt service
- Develops reports regarding the annual budgets and presents findings to the County Board.
- Monitors expenditures to identify trends or developments that will impact operations
- Performs related tasks as assigned
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in financial management or CPA
- Ten years of experience in financial management including seven years in a management level position
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Experience with Financial software systems
- Public Sector experience
A pre-employment background check is required.
DuPage County Government
421 N. County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
How to apply
|DuPage County Government
Chief Financial Officer
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.