Assistant Superintendent of Finance | Palatine Park District
Posted on Dec 4, 2020 and will remain open until filled.
The Assistant Superintendent of Finance supervises and coordinates the daily financial operations of the Park District. Additionally, the Assistant shall support the Superintendent of Finance on new initiatives, maintain open lines of communication, and adopt best practices in the field. This position reports to the Superintendent of Finance and supervises the work of the Senior Accountant and Payroll Specialist.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Strong technical training and computer experiences essential.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, and objectives of Park and Recreation Administration.
- An understanding of the principles of financial management.
- An understanding of pertinent safety precautions and risk management procedures.
- Ability to supervise and develop all aspects of financial activity for the Park District.
- The ability to contribute to the long-range master planning and development of the Park District’s current and future grounds and facilities.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
- Ability to hire, lead, train, and evaluate the staff that are directly supervised
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
- Audit or full-charge bookkeeping experience required.
- Incode and RecTrac highly preferred.
- Participate in professional committees, conferences, workshops, and classes to improve knowledge of job responsibilities and management skills.
- A successful criminal background check and drug screen per District policy.
- CPR and AED Certification
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The hiring salary range is $77,250-$84,975; starting salary is DOQ. The District offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and membership in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF). The Park District benefits package also includes paid vacation, personal days, holidays, sick leave, and potential for annual merit increases.
Palatine Park District
250 E. Wood
Palatine, 0 60067
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates should apply online at jobs.palatineparks.org with a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references.
- First review of candidates will begin on December 21, 2020.
- For more information contact Peter Cahill, Assistant Superintendent of District Services and Projects, at 847.496.6262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Palatine Park District is an Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Employe
|Palatine Park District
Assistant Superintendent of Finance
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.