Assistant Finance Director | Village of Schiller Park
Posted on Jul 29, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Schiller Park is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Finance Director.
The successful candidate will have a strong accounting background with at least 3 years’ experience in municipal accounting/auditing, an aptitude for financial software and technology, and the ability to provide great customer service.
- Assist the Finance Director in coordinating the annual budget process and tax levy submission
- Assist the Finance Director in preparing for the annual audit
- Supervise the finance clerks and ensure coverage for customer service needs
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the Village Board, including analysis of budget versus actual performance for all Village funds
- Preparation and review of Village bank reconciliations
- Supervision of the payroll process; prepare salary analyses, work with staff in reconciling the health/dental insurance premium bills with the payroll related withholdings, retiree payments, and pension fund deductions
- Supervision of the accounts payable process; review warrant lists for proper coding, administration of debt service payments
- Supervision of the utility billing process
- Preparation of monthly and year-end journal entries
- Preparation of various analysis for all Village Funds
- Assist department heads with financial inquiries concerning payments of invoices, payroll, budget, etc.
- Review of existing internal controls and financial processes and recommend areas of improvement
- Documentation of financial policies and procedures
- Availability to attend Village Council meetings as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with major emphasis or coursework in Accounting or Finance; at least three years’ experience in municipal accounting/auditing preferred
- Outstanding team player that works effectively not only with other employees and managers but also independently.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Solid organizational, managerial, and analytical skills
- Strong customer service/public relations orientation
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Notary and Bi-lingual Polish or Spanish a plus
Starting Salary Range: $75,000 - $78,000 annually, dependent on qualifications
Village of Schiller Park
9526 W. Irving Park Rd.
Schiller Park, 0 60176
How to apply
Applications: Application forms are available on the Village website at www.villageofschillerpark.com and at the Schiller Park Village Hall, 9526 W. Irving Park Rd., Schiller Park, Illinois 60176. Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to Human Resources, email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, 9526 W. Irving Park Rd, Schiller Park, IL 60176. Position open until filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
All Village of Schiller Park is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military service.
|Village of Schiller Park
Assistant Finance Director
|Schiller Park, 0|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.