Finance Director | City of DeKalb
Posted on Sep 17, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
The City of DeKalb, Illinois is seeking a Finance Director to join our team. The Finance Director oversees the financial processes, policies and systems for the City including budget development, financial forecasting, accounting and financial reporting, auditing, treasury management, investments, payroll, purchasing, utility billing, revenue collection, vendor disbursements, and debt administration. The Finance Director also collaborates with the Executive Team in the areas of property and casualty insurance and licensing. The Finance Director will develop and collaborate with other city departments to incorporate sound financial processes that integrate and align with the strategic objectives of the City.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting.
- Juris Doctor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in financial operations required. Specific experience is necessary in several of the following: budgeting, auditing, revenue forecasting, payroll, purchasing, fund accounting and treasury management.
- Experience within municipal government financial administration is strongly desired.
- Certifications through GFOA, IGFOA or IMTA preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Previous experience or ability to gain proficiency with an ERP, project management, document management, FOIA administration and other governmental financial software systems required.
The starting salary for the position will be between $107,312 - $131,457 commensurate with knowledge, skills and experience.
City of DeKalb
164 E. LINCOLN HIGHWAY DEKALB
DEKALB, 0 60115
How to apply
Please visit our website to view the full job description, hiring requirements, and application instructions at:
Initial review of applications will begin Monday, October 11, 2021. Position will remain open until filled.
|City of DeKalb
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.