Payroll/Customer Service Specialist | Village of Schiller Park
Posted on Sep 17, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Schiller Park is seeking qualified candidates for the full-time position of Payroll/Customer Service Specialist. The job duties of the Payroll Specialist include, but are not limited to, performing payroll processing, health and liability insurance processing, basic accounting, and related administrative support functions. Primary responsibilities include preparing and coordinating the bi-weekly payroll for the Village and the Schiller Park Library, processing health insurance changes, and preparing and responding to a number of regulatory reports and surveys. The position is also responsible for quarterly and yearly tax forms and reports.
- Prepare bi-weekly payrolls for the Village and Library. Prepare all payroll related reports including employment tax returns, vendor payments and year-end tax documents.
- Assist with reporting for the Village’s Police and Firefighter Pension Fund deductions, employee benefit contributions and garnishments.
- Manage and maintain payroll and accounting clerical records and drafts various written correspondence.
- Prepare and assemble payroll documents and schedules for the annual audit process.
- Prepare personnel schedules for the annual budget process.
- Initiates and maintains a variety of files and records for information such as personnel, payroll, attendance, budget, maintains manuals and update resource materials; and organizes and maintains complex technical filing systems.
- Maintain and properly store confidential information as required by the Village and/or other regulations.
- Assist with FOIA requests related to payroll and verification of employment
- Cross train on accounts payable and provide backup as needed.
- Maintain digital and paper files, including document retention and destruction.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Finance Director and Assistant Finance Director.
- Handles customer payments and other finance transactions including those that are related to, but not limited to, utility billing, parking citations, permits, vehicle licenses, animal registrations, liquor licenses and senior services. Assists other Finance and Customer Service Specialists when needed by cross training on all functions of the department on a rotating basis, which includes, utility billing, purchasing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Provides public information and customer service within Village Hall and on the telephone.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Candidates applying for this position must have an Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field, with a minimum of two (2) years experience in payroll and increasingly responsible experience in accounting preferred.
The Village is seeking a candidate who maintains a professional demeanor when dealing with a variety of stakeholders (e.g. employees and senior management) and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing and possesses a high level of customer service, interpersonal and team building skills.The position requires the ability to instruct and train in methods and procedures; work independently, efficiently plan work and establish priorities; along with comprehend, retain and apply Village, State and Federal polices and legislation. Fluency in Polish or Spanish languages is a plus.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience using financial/payroll software systems. Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
The anticipated annual salary for this full-time, non-exempt position is $48,000 to $55,900 DOQ, with excellent fringe benefits.
Village of Schiller Park
9526 W Irving Park Rd
Schiller Park, IL 60176
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Hard copies (faxed, mailed, hand-delivered) of resumes will be declined.
- The selected finalist will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, reference check, and post offer drug screening.
- The position is open until filled; however, first review of applications will begin on September 22, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
THE VILLAGE OF SCHILLER PARK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
|Village of Schiller Park
Payroll/Customer Service Specialist
|Schiller Park, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.