Staff Accountant | Cary Park District
Posted on Nov 17, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
Cary Park District
Position: Staff Accountant
Hiring Range: $50,000 - $65,000 annually DOE
Benefits: Excellent benefit package including IMRF (pension), health, dental, vision, life insurance and benefit time off
Close Date: December 17th, or until filled
As the Staff Accountant for the Cary Park District, you will be an integral part of the agency. This position is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the Finance & Administration Department. The Park District utilizes MSI for their accounting software. The Staff Accountant must consistently show the ability to produce accurate work, be highly detail-minded in executing the various job responsibilities, working knowledge of GAAP, demonstrate problem solving and analytical ability. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks and duties including but not limited to the following:
• Assist with the month end process including journal entries, account reconciliations and financial reports.
• Complete and file the Park District’s monthly and annual Sales Tax Returns.
• Back up for the Accounting Clerk; specifically in relation to the bi-weekly payroll process and issue accounts payable checks.
• Back up for the HR Coordinator.
• Prepare, issue and file 1099’s along with the corresponding reports.
• Assist with the maintenance of the Park District’s Fixed Asset reporting system.
• Assist with the preparation and provision of supporting documents for the annual audit as requested.
• Assist in the annual budget process as needed.
• Assist with internal control procedures throughout the Park District.
• Assist with the accounting of the Park Foundation in QuickBooks.
• Become proficient in ActiveNet Registration system.
• Assist with accounting for various grants.
• Assist with the Unclaimed Checks process.
• Assist and work cooperatively with the Assistant Director of Finance.
• Assist with various projects.
Initially this individual will work directly with the Assistant Director of Finance and Administration during their training and onboarding to the agency. After, the individual will work as a member of the Finance & Administration Department and report directly to the Director of Finance and Administration. The major emphasis of this position will be assisting with the daily operations of the Finance & Administration Department.
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is preferred. Minimum of two years’ of prior experience in a similar role. Proficiency working with Microsoft Excel and a computerized financial system is required.
Cary Park District
255 Briargate Rd
Cary, Illinois 60013
How to apply
To Apply: Interested individuals should apply by submitting a resume with cover letter and three professional references to Meghan Tillson, HR Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should support the individual’s background and alignment with the core abilities of the position identified in the 2nd paragraph of this job notice.
|Cary Park District
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.