Part-Time Accountant (up to 20 hours/week) | Village of Hinsdale
Posted on Jan 26, 2022 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Hinsdale, IL (17,710) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Part-Time Accountant position. Hinsdale is a historic and beautiful community with a thriving and charming downtown and architecturally distinct homes. Hinsdale is home to nationally recognized schools and a downtown that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Located 20 miles west of Chicago in DuPage and Cook Counties, Hinsdale is a full-service community with a $48 million total budget and 99 full-time employees and 107 FTEs.
POSITION: Part-Time Accountant
DATE: January 2022
DEPARTMENT: Finance Department
REPORTS TO: Assistant Finance Director
PAY GRADE: Part-Time (Up to 20 hours per week)
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
STARTING PAY RATE: $35 – 40.00/hour +/-DOQ
Provide supervision and review of accounting internal controls, maintain the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, prepare financial reports and schedules, and provide other financial assistance as needed.
- Performs the reconciliation of bank accounts monthly and verifies bank balance with general ledger.
- Responsible for the creation and data entry of journal entries required as part of the monthly financial closing process. Prepares adjusting and accrual entries in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles; prepares cash and investment, capital project, debt, interfund and operating transfer schedules.
- Assists in the coordination of timely month-end and year-end closing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, utility billing and general ledger computer systems. Reconciles subsidiary ledgers and accounting systems to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Maintains fixed asset records and prepares schedules for the audit.
- Assists with the preparation of the Annual Budget, Five-Year Capital Plan, and monthly Treasurer’s Report.
- Assists with the annual audit including the preparation of confirmations, work papers and required schedules and tables. Assists with the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Maintains accounting schedules for all grant activity for the Village.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment includes an office setting. The noise level is usually quiet.
Regularly required to sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The position requires prolonged periods of concentration. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Equipment used includes, but is not limited to, personal computer with a Windows operating system, Microsoft Office suite, printer, copy machine, fax machine and calculator.
The position is part-time and will work up to 20 hours per week. The schedule may be flexible. This position will not work in excess of 1,000 hours each year.
- Becomes familiar with and observe all applicable safety and security policies/procedures.
- Immediately reports all unsafe conditions and acts to supervisor.
- Reports all accidents to supervisor immediately.
- Recommends improvements to safety and security practices.
- Obeys and adheres to all safety rules and work practices.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required (Bachelor’s in accounting preferred).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Discretion when handling confidential information.
- Working knowledge of accounting and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of internal control procedures.
- Knowledge of public finance and fiscal planning.
- Knowledge of payroll and accounts payable functions.
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial reports.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and complete required duties in a timely and accurate manner.
Paid time off is available after one year of continuous employment.
Village of Hinsdale
19 E Chicago Ave
Hinsdale, IL 60521
How to apply
- The selection process includes completion of an application, interview process, drug screening and background check.
- The position is open until filled.
Interested candidates should submit an application, resume and a cover letter to the Village of Hinsdale, Human Resources Office, 19 E. Chicago Hinsdale, IL 60521, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.villageofhinsdale.org/jobs for a job application. The Village is an EOE employer.
|Village of Hinsdale
Part-Time Accountant (up to 20 hours/week)
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.