CAFR Conundrums - Common Reporting Deficiencies and How to Avoid Them
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
|Field of Study||Accounting (Governmental) - Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 3.00 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 25.00|
The IGFOA Professional Education Committee Presents A Two-Part Webinar Event!
February 9, 2021
Session 1: 11 AM - 12:15 PM
Session 2: 1 PM - 2:15 PM
Are you tired of getting the same comments every year with your CAFR award? Have you considered submitting your government’s financial report for the CAFR award, but were unsure whether it would be accepted? We have all your bases covered. Listen as we discuss the common deficiencies seen in governmental financial statements and how to avoid them. Learn how you can ensure your CAFR submission is accepted and receives the GFOA Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting. If you’re still not ready to dive into the world of CAFRs, we will also discuss the array of other award programs GFOA has to offer – one might be just right for your government.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Hear from external auditors, CAFR preparers and CAFR reviewers on the common errors found in governmental financial statements.
2. Learn best practices for identifying and correcting potential reporting errors when preparing and reviewing your financial statements.
3. Gain an understanding of the GFOA Award Programs criteria a d how you can review your own CAFR.
Speakers: Frederick Lantz, CPA, Partner, Sikich LLP and Michael Malatt, CPA, Senior Manager, Baker Tilly US, LLP
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental) - Technical
NASBA CPE: Earn About 3.0 CPE credit
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.