New GFOA Budget Award Criteria: What You Need to Know
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
298 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523
Map and directions
|Delivery Method||In Person|
|Field of Study||Finance - Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.00 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 25.00|
Many local governments are moving away from the traditional budget document into other forms of communication. The goal is to make sure the budget is meaningful and the criteria remains relevant. The revised GFOA budget award criteria took effect for budgets with a fiscal year beginning January 1, 2021 or later. In this presentation, John Fishbein, Senior Program Manager of the GFOA Technical Services Center, will discuss the new budget award criteria and provide some budget models.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1) understand the new budget award requirements such as strategic planning, mandatory performance measures, presenting the difference between the proposed and adopted budget, and displaying how the budget complies with relevant financial policies;
2) identify portions of your budget that can be improved through complying with the criteria; and,
3) employ real examples of how other local governments complied with the new criteria.
Speaker: John Fishbein, Senior Program Manager of the GFOA Technical Services Center, Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No preerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advance preparation required
Field of Study: Finance - Technical
NASBA CPE: Earn about 1.0 CPE Hour
Presented by the Chicago metro chapter
Registration & Cancellation Policy
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.