The Hidden Costs of Collective Bargaining Agreements
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
|Field of Study||Finance - Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.00 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 20.00|
Wages and insurance are obvious cost drivers with any collective bargaining agreement. While negotiations often focus on these items, there are numerous other issues that can create hidden costs in any collective bargaining agreement. A management-friendly bargaining agreement will include language that lets you effectively manage overtime, reduce and prevent sick leave abuse, and avoid legacy costs such as wage and benefit spikes at the end of an employee’s career. This session will discuss some of the hidden costs in collective bargaining agreements, calculate those costs, and identify sample bargaining agreement language.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Identify potential hidden costs in a collective bargaining agreement.
2. Recognize good contract language to reduce those hidden costs.
3. Avoid bad contract language that could make it more difficult for an employer to control costs.
Speaker: Benjamin Gehrt, Clark Baird Smith LLP
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals, including Park Districts, Libraries and Special Districts
Delivery Method: Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance - Technical
NASBA CPE: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
Registration & Cancellation Policy
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.