Tracking Data and Reporting Spend for Minority Contracting
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
|Field of Study||Finance - Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.00 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 20.00|
The Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) and the Midwest Association of Public Procurement (MAPP) present the following webinar!
With the passage of HB453 many entities will be tasked for the first time with tracking data and reporting spend for vendors and subcontractors. Join panelists Nicole Mandeville, Cook County Director of Contract Compliance and Carlos Gutierrez, State of Illinois Certification Manager for the Business Enterprise Program to learn about vendor certification process, strategies for collecting the data, and opportunities and challenges to meet this new mandate. Come prepared with your tough questions and examples that will help your peers.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Understand the parameters of HB453 and what this mandate means for local governmental entities;
2. Learn about the process of vendor certification for minority-, women-, veteran-owned or small businesses;
3. Connect with experts and other members to network and identify opportunities and challenges; and
4. Take away tools and resources for tracking data and reporting spend for minority contracting.
Speakers: Nicole Mandeville, Cook County Director of Contract Compliance and Carlos Gutierrez, State of Illinois Certification Manager for the Business Enterprise Program
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery method: Group Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance - Technical
Last Review/Revision/Update: March 11, 2022
NASBA CPE Credits: Earn about 1.00 CPE credit
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.