Building a Strong Cash Management Process
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
1120 E. Diehl Road
Naperville, Illinois 60563
Map and directions
|Delivery Method||In Person|
|Field of Study||Finance - Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.50 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 20.00|
Make plans to attend the Professional Education Committee (PEC) Cash Management Team seminar! This is a great opportunity to network with colleagues and learn from public and private sector experts on how to strengthen your cash management process.
Check-in, Coffee and Networking: 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Presentation: 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
This seminar will review the importance of cash management and discuss the key considerations for a successful cash management program. It will offer suggestions and solutions that will aid in your getting the most benefit from your cash balances. This session will also emphasize how a strong cash management program can help to mitigate fraud.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Learn about the importance of cash management and building out your cash flow needs;
- Manage the balance between maximizing investment rates and operating flexibility;
- Processes and Products to allow you to hold on to your cash longer and receive your cash payments sooner; and
- Understand how a strong cash management program can support fraud protection and help combat fraud.
Speakers: Misty Buscher, City Treasurer, City of Springfield, Laura Mishlove, Senior Vice President, Public Finance, PNC Bank and James Rachlin, President, Meristem Advisors LLC
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance - Technical
Last Review/Revision/Update: June 22, 2022
NASBA CPE Credits: Earn About 1.5 CPE credit
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.