Demystifying the Property Tax Levy and Extensions
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
|Field of Study
|Finance - Technical
|Earn 1.50 CPE Hours
|Government / Partner Colleagues
Please join us to learn more about the strategy behind creating a property tax levy from start to finish! Hear from both Home-Rule and Non-Home Rule practitioners as well as County tax extenders on requirements for preparing and filing a levy, including allowable extension lines, filing requirements and deadlines and the process behind the scenes once a levy is submitted.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- How to prepare a tax levy, including strategies to discuss with Administrators and Board Members;
- The difference in preparing a levy for a Non-Home Rule and Home Rule tax district;
- How to interpret assessment and economic data received from the Counties; and
- The process that the County uses to review your levy and applicable tax laws.
Speakers: Kevin Bueso, Chief Financial Officer, McHenry County, Katrina Hanna, Director of Financial Services, Village of Barrington, Nicole Larson, Finance Director, Village of Glencoe, Christopher Lopez, Property Tax Administrator, Lake County and Robert Ross, Chief County Assessment Officer, McHenry County
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance -Technical
NASBA CPE: Earn About 1.5 CPE credit
Registration & Cancellation Policy
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.