Southern Region Lunch and Learn: Bond Basics for Illinois Municipalities and Bond Market Update
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
252 North Main Street
Edwardsville, IL 62025
Map and directions
|Field of Study
|Finance - Technical
|Earn 1.00 CPE Hours
|Government / Partner Colleagues
Make plans to attend the Southern Region Lunch and Learn!
This presentation will look into the basic elements that should be considered when issuing debt via bonds or similar securities. It will look at the types of debt instruments available to municipalities, the selection of service providers that will be involved, the appropriate type of sale based on the issuer and type of issuance and post issuance considerations that may need to be addressed. We will also look at GFOA Best Practices as it relates to the topics covered.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Understand how to determine the appropriate type of debt instrument to select based on the project being undertaken;
- Know the role of the different service providers involved in a bond/debt transaction;
- Identify the different types of bond sales available to an issuer; and
- Understand GFOA best practices as it applies to the topics discussed.
Check-in and Networking: 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM
Luncheon: 11:45 AM
Presentation: 12:00 PM
Speaker: Stephen Adams, Director, Public Finance, PMA Securities, LLC
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group Live
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance - Technical
Last Review/Revision/Update: October 14, 2022
NASBA CPE Credits: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Registration & Cancellation Policy
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.