Including People with Disabilities Webinar
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
|Field of Study||Personnel/Human Resources - Non Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.00 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 20.00|
The IGFOA Growth & Engagement Network Committee (GEN) invites you to join them for a virtual training on Including People with Disabilities. Join Mia Ross of the Northern Illinois Special Recreation Association as she presents disability education and thinking inclusive, and also leads interactive ability awareness activities. Attendees will dive deep and reflect on how they can create a welcoming environment within personal and professional spaces in everyday life for people with disabilities. Attendees will discover topics of disability education, including person-first, identity-first language, details on the inclusive environment, levels of support, universal design, the impact of inclusion, and signs of success. Following these topics, attendees will apply inclusive thinking between three unique ability awareness activities and reflection.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Understand best practices to include people with disabilities;
- Recognize the benefits of inclusion and the impact on the community;
- Further knowledge of ability awareness and disability education.
Speaker: Mia Ross, CTRS, Manager of Inclusion, Northern Illinois Special Recreation Association
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advance preparation required
Field of Study: Personnel/Human Resources – Non Technical
NASBA CPE: Earn about 1.0 CPE Hour
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.