Free IGFOA Webinar | First Amendment Audit Preparedness for Local Officials
|Date||Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Save to your calendar
|Field of Study||Regulatory Ethics - Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.00 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 0.00|
This session will define and explain the concept of First Amendment Audits, review the applicable constitutional and statutory provisions, and discuss pitfalls to avoid, as well as best practices to implement and utilize.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Become familiar with the substance of the first amendment and its applicability to public spaces;
- Distinguish between protected recording and eavesdropping;
- Identify, develop, adopt, and implement content neutral rules; and
- Share and utilize common-sense strategies for interacting with parties conducting first amendment audits.
Speaker: Jason Brokaw, Partner, Giffin, Winning, Cohen & Bodewes, P.C.
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advance preparation required
Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics – Technical
Last Review/Revision/Update: April 11, 2023
NASBA CPE: Earn about 1.0 CPE Hour
This webinar is free to all IGFOA members and member staff/colleagues. Please select check when prompted to pay.
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.