Paid Leave for All Workers Act - Including Most Public Employees
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
|Field of Study||Business Law - Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.00 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 20.00|
Attorney David Moore of Laner Muchin will lead a collaborative discussion about the new Illinois Paid Leave for All Workers Act. Effective January 1, 2024, this new law requires private and public employers to provide paid leave to all employees. The law applies to units of local government with only certain exceptions. Even employers with generous paid time off benefits will need to review and potentially amend existing benefits to comply with the law. Dave will walk us through what we know about the law, what remains unknown, and how and when employers start compliance steps.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Understand the basic requirements of the Illinois Paid Leave for All Works Act;
- Understand the open legal questions about the new law; and
- Understand what steps your agency should take to comply with the new law and when.
Speaker: David Moore, Attorney, Laner Muchin, Ltd.
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Business Law - Technical
NASBA CPE: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
Registration & Cancellation Policy
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.