Time to Rethink Your Collateralization Strategy: Moving Beyond Bank Securities in Today’s Climate
|Date||Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Save to your calendar
|Field of Study||Finance - Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.00 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 20.00|
This webinar will provide an overview of today’s marketplace and its effect on investment rates and your ability to place deposits. We will discuss the options available to secure public funds and how insurance vs. collateral can affect both your rate of return on deposits and your bank’s ability to support your community. This session will also cover best practices for reviewing your investment policies, as well as maximizing your banking relationships.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Understand the different options available to secure public deposits and the pro/cons of each;
- Identify the impact that pledged securities as collateral have on their rate of return, a bank's balance sheet, and their shared communities; and
- Learn how to analyze and update an existing investment policy to reflect a modern and strategic approach.
Speakers: Aimee Briles, Senior Vice President, Wintrust Government Funds and Sue Kling, Managing Director, IntraFi Network, LLC
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance - Technical
NASBA CPE: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
Registration & Cancellation Policy
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.