South Metro Chapter Lunch and Learn: Local Government Unclaimed Property Reporting
|Date||Friday, October 20, 2023
Save to your calendar
9716 191st St
Mokena, Illinois 60448
Map and directions
|Delivery Method||In Person|
|Field of Study||Business Management and Organization - Non-Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.50 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 25.00|
This presentation will provide a history on the Illinois Unclaimed Property Program as well as the steps to complete Unclaimed Property Reporting from start to finish. Due diligence mailings, creating your report, remitting funds and post reporting requests will be discussed, as well as what local governments need to do to retrieve funds that belong to them.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Learn the history of unclaimed property and why it is important to maintain compliance with regulations;
- Learn deadlines and steps for completing due diligence mailings;
- Be able to complete the reporting process;
- Answer questions from potential claimants about how to claim property, as well as Illinois State Treasurer’s Office staff on properties previously reported; and
- Learn how to claim property for yourself and on behalf of your organizations.
Check-in and Networking: 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM
Luncheon: 11:45 AM
Presentation: 12:00 PM
Speakers: Rick Cory, Manager of Compliance - Unclaimed Property Division, Illinois State Treasurer's Office and Ashton Kulavic, Chief of Unclaimed Property, Illinois State Treasurer's Office
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Business Management and Organization - Non-Technical
Last Review/Revision/Update: October 20, 2023
NASBA CPE Credits: Earn About 1.5 CPE credit
Presented by the South metro chapter
Registration & Cancellation Policy
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.