1099 Reporting – When, What and How to File
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
|Field of Study
|Finance - Technical
|Earn 1.00 CPE Hours
|Government / Partner Colleagues
This webinar will present an overview of the requirements for annual 1099 reporting including guidance on when a 1099 is required, how to choose the proper form, basic information needed for the filing, and how to file these forms with the IRS. The webinar will also cover filing deadlines, penalties for late filings or failure to file, and common errors. The speakers will also touch on the IRS’ new Information Returns Intake System (IRIS) and the Filing Information Returns Electronically System (FIRE).
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Gain a basic understanding of when a 1099 should be issued and how to choose the proper form type;
- Become aware of the filing deadlines, as well as penalties for late filings or failure to file; and
- Learn about the different systems available to file 1099s.
Speakers: Anna Cadmus, CPA, Senior Manager, Government Accounting and Consulting Services, Sikich LLP and Nathan Isenberg, CPA, CFP, Partner in Charge – Outsourced Accounting Services – Small and Medium Sized Business, Sikich LLP
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance - Technical
Last Review/Revision/Update: October 4, 2023
NASBA CPE: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
Registration & Cancellation Policy
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.