Basic Governmental Accounting Seminar
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
1120 E. Diehl Road
Naperville, Illinois 60563
Map and directions
|Delivery Method||In Person|
|Field of Study||Accounting (Governmental) - Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 7.00 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 135.00|
Spend the day going over the basics of Governmental Accounting. You will learn the theory behind accounting principles and the fundamentals of fund accounting. Check-in and networking is from 8:15 AM - 8:30 AM. Breaks and lunch are included in the registration fee. Course materials will be emailed 2-3 days in advance of the seminar. Attendees are required to bring an electronic or printed copy of the materials with them. Handouts will not be provided. Power sources are available in the classroom. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Seminar will cover:
Basic Accounting Theory
Double Entry Accounting
Chart of Accounts
Principles of Accounting
Basis of Accounting
Budgets and Budgetary Accounting
Classification and Terminology
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Understand the theories which establish accounting principles;
- Be able to recognize and manipulate key accounting tools such as the Chart of Accounts;
- Comprehend governmental accounting terminology; and
- Identify the links between budgeting and accounting.
Brian LeFevre, Partner, Sikich LLP
Rachel Musiala, Director of Finance, Village of Hoffman Estates
Molly Talkington, Finance Director, City of Rolling Meadows
Intended Audience: Accountants, Assistant Managers, Assistant Finance Directors, and individuals new to Local Government Accounting
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental) - Technical
Last Review/Revision/Update: November 9, 2023
NASBA CPE Credits: Earn about 7.0 CPE hours
NIU Naperville is easily accessible from Interstates 88 and 355, just 27 miles from both O'Hare International Airport and Midway International Airport, and less than five miles from the Metra Train Station. For a list of hotels near NIU Naperville, visit https://www.niu.edu/conference-event-services/where-to-stay/local-hotels/naperville.shtml.
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
- No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
- A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
- Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
- A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.