Harnessing Energy Leadership to Manage Toxic Employees
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
Shaw's Crab House
1900 East Higgins Road
Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
Map and directions
|Delivery Method||In Person|
|Field of Study||Personal Development - Non-Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.50 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 35.00|
In today's dynamic workplaces, skillful employee management is vital for a productive environment. Dealing with toxic employees presents unique challenges that impact morale, productivity, and company culture. This presentation introduces Energy Leadership, a game-changing method, to manage and positively influence toxic behaviors.
During this presentation, we will explore the seven levels of energy and how each manifests in workplace behavior and how these insights can be applied to effectively manage toxic employees. This model not only helps individuals understand their own energy patterns but also provides a valuable lens through which to view and address the behavior of toxic employees.
Through real-world examples, case studies, and practical techniques, this presentation will equip managers and leaders with the tools needed to navigate challenging interactions with toxic employees. By understanding the underlying energy levels driving their behavior, attendees will learn to:
- Identify early signs of toxicity;
- Tailor communication for different energy levels;
- Apply conflict resolution aligned with energy dynamics;
- Cultivate a healthier workplace culture; and
- Foster personal and professional growth, converting negativity into productivity.
Speaker: Sarah Schillerstrom, Founder and President, SRSD Consulting, LLC
Check-in and networking: 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Lunch Start Time: 12:00 PM
Presentation: 12:15 PM - 1:30 PM
This event is presented by the Growth & Engagement Network.
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advance preparation required
Field of Study: Personal Development - Non-Technical
Last Review/Revision/Update: November 3, 2023
NASBA CPE: Earn about 1.5 CPE hours
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.