Southern Region Holiday Lunch & Learn: Year-End Overview - IRS Reporting
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
425 Regency Park
O'Fallon, Illinois 62269
Map and directions
|Field of Study
|Finance - Technical
|Earn 1.00 CPE Hours
|Government / Partner Colleagues
This seminar will touch on several common elements of IRS reporting and compliance for employers at the end of the year. Attendees will learn about common types of form 1099 that need to be issued, key taxable wages to include in employee W-2s, and how to avoid errors in the process.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Gain a basic understanding of the various reporting requirements for payroll and accounts payable at year-end;
- Avoid common mistakes when preparing 1099s and W-2s; and
Learn the potential ramifications for failing to meet required deadlines.
Check-in: 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Luncheon: 12:00 PM
Presentation: 12:10 PM - 1:00 PM
Networking and Camaraderie: Immediately following the presentation
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance - Technical
Last Review/Revision/Update: December 15, 2023
NASBA CPE Credits: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Registration & Cancellation Policy
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy below.
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full.
If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.