Ethics and Accountability in Local Government Finance
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
Village of Hoffman Estates
1900 Hassell Road
Hoffman Estates, IL
Map and directions
|Delivery Method||In Person|
|Field of Study||Ethics - 8.0 CPE Credits|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 8.00 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 155.00|
IGFOA Chicago Metro Chapter Board presents to you
ETHICS AND ACCOUNTABILITY IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT FINANCE
Description: A Perspective for Pension Trustees and Others Entrusted by the Public
8 HOURS ETHICS CPE CREDITS FOR PENSION TRUSTEE AND CPA
Intended Audience: Finance Directors, Managers, Administrators, Accountants, Assistant Managers, Assistant Finance Directors, Pension Board Trustees, CPA, and professional staff and officials interested in local government pensions.
Learning Objectives - Participants completing this seminar should be able to:
a. Participants will be able to define and recognize ethical behavior
b. Participants will be able to understand the spectrum of unethical behavior and the environments surrounding ethical issues
c. Participants will be able to build an ethically competent self and team
Instructor: Peter Burchard, consultant, adjunct professor at NIU and former manager of Naperville and Hoffman Estates.
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: ETHICS
Earn about 8 CPE Credits
Presented by the Chicago metro chapter
Registration & Cancellation Policy
- Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis,
- Payment should be mailed in advance or made at the door,
- IGFOA Members are those Public Sector and Associate individuals specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Application or Renewal. IGFOA Government non-member rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership. IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year.
- If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com as soon as possible,
- A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to September 15, 2016. Cancellations after September 15, 2016 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition. Registrants that cancel or fail to attend without paying the required fee will be invoiced and collection pursued in accord with the Executive Board policy on accounts receivable,
- IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full
- Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.