South Metro Chapter Lunch and Learn - Characteristics of an Effective Leader
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
16111 South LaGrange Road
Orland Park, IL 60467
Map and directions
|Field of Study
|Personal Development - Non-Technical
|Earn 1.00 CPE Hours
|Government / Partner Colleagues
Characteristics of an Effective Leader
As a manager, do you ever wonder what you could do to be a better leader in your organization? After interviewing thousands of employees as a government recruiter, our presenter has learned a lot about what it is that employees want in a leader. This session will outline the top ten lessons learned from these interviews; lessons that every manager can use to be a better leader.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Be able to better connect with their employees as managers;
- More effectively achieve goals and objectives with their staff;
- Work towards creating a workplace that attracts and retains top talent;
- Be able to address challenges managers and leaders face with their staff.
Presenter: Heidi Voorhees, President, GovHRUSA
Intended Audience: All government management & finance professionals
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Personal Development - Non-Technical
Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
Presented by the South metro chapter
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
- No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
- A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
- Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
- A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.