Top Considerations for Accounts Payable Controls
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
|Field of Study||Accounting (Governmental) - Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.20 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 35.00|
Disbursements are a key component to the control structure in an organization. However, disbursements can come with many risks due to the large numbers of transactions, different ways to make payments (checks and wires) and changes that continually occur. This session presents strategies that business officials have used to improve accounting practices, strengthen internal controls, and document procedures. Some topics we will cover include: Duplicate payments, audit issues, wire transfers and changes in accounts.
Speaker: Christine Torres, CPA, Partner, Crowe Horwath
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Understand how to implement stronger internal controls, document the procedures and reduce the risk of fraud.
2. Recognize segregation of duties issues and where breakdowns may occur.
3. Identify best practices throughout the accounts payable process
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental) - Technical
Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.