Downstate Chapter Conference Mystery Fraud Dinner Only
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign Urbana
1501 S Neil St
Champaign, IL 61820
Map and directions
|Delivery Method||In Person|
|Field of Study||Finance – Technical - 1.75 Auditing (Governmental) - Technical - 1.75|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 3.50 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 50.00|
(Please note - this registration is for individuals not attending the conference only the Mystery Fraud Dinner)
Speaker: Tim Hungerford, CPA, CIA, CFE, CMA, CISA, CGAP, CFM, Owner of Hungerford Vinton, LLC
Peach Blossom Lane looks like just another ordinary housing tract. But as we zoom into the details, we will find a hot bed of red flags, relationships and issues that could lead to fraud. You will assist in weeding through the information and interviews to unearth the bad seeds. With a focus on Mortgage, Bankruptcy, and Divorce Fraud, as well as general fraud techniques, the goals of this Mystery Fraud Training is to teach about fraud through a simulated audit experience.
Learning Objectives - Participants completing this session should be able to understand and apply:
1. Planning Techniques: Determining information needs, personnel to interview, review of next steps;
2. Interviewing Techniques: You will be interviewing key personnel throughout the event;
3. Documentation & Discovery Techniques: Examining evidence and understanding proper evidence management;
4. Data Analysis: Reviewing evidence to draw conclusions and understand multiple ways of evaluating data;
5. Mortgage Fraud: Understanding the trends in mortgage fraud;
6. Bankruptcy Fraud: Understanding the red flags and trends in Bankruptcy fraud;
7. Divorce Fraud: Understanding the red flags and trends in Divorce Fraud; and
8. Finally, you will experience/witness an admission, seeking an interview to attempt to obtain a confession.
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Auditing (Governmental) - Technical; Finance Technical
Earn about 3.5 CPE Credits
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign Urbana
1501 S. Neil Street, Champaign, IL 61820
A block of rooms has been reserved for February 27, 2020. The special room rate of $102.00 plus tax will be available until February 10, 2020. Be sure to mention GROUP CODE: IGFOA2.
For reservations call (217) 352-9970 and indicate you are with the Downstate IGFOA Conference or click on the link below to book your room in the Downstate IGFOA Conference block.
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.