Deputy Finance Director | City of Urbana
Posted on Oct 1, 2020 and will remain open until filled.
The City of Urbana is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to join the Human Resources/Finance Department as Deputy Finance Director. Responsibilities include performing complex, high-level technical work; planning, directing, and managing assigned municipal finance functions under administrative direction of the Human Resources & Finance Director/CFO; coordinating assigned activities with other departments and outside agencies; and directing and coordinating accounting, auditing, financial reporting, customer service, and parking enforcement functions. May act as department head when the Human Resources & Finance Director/CFO is absent. The salary for this appointed position will be commensurate with qualifications.
Who We’re Looking For
Requirements for consideration include:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, public administration, or a related field;
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in finance or a related field, including three (3) years in a supervisory capacity;
- Knowledge of government finance, accounting, budgeting; state and federal law pertaining to municipal finance operations;
- Ability to effectively communicate complex financial information, both in writing and through public presentations and respond to questions.
- Preferred attributes: designation as CPA and/or CPFO or equivalent.
Why Consider A Career At The City Of Urbana?
Job satisfaction. A generous benefits package. A diverse, inclusive and supportive environment. Opportunity for advancement. These are just a few of the many reasons to consider the City of Urbana as the next step in your career. The City of Urbana prides itself on being a progressive, dynamic community and is internationally distinguished as the home of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the state’s flagship public university and one of the preeminent research institutions in the world.
City of Urbana
400 S. Vine St.
Urbana, IL 61801
How to apply
For more information or to apply, visit www.urbanaillinois.us/jobs.
Applications will be accepted until a sufficient pool is received, but we will begin reviewing applications after October 12, 2020. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit applications prior to this date for priority consideration.
|City of Urbana
Deputy Finance Director
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.