Finance Specialist | Champaign County
Posted on Feb 27, 2023 and open until Mar 27, 2023.
Champaign County is seeking an experienced Finance Specialist.
This position provides technical support and assistance on a variety of finance-related functions including assisting the Director of Finance in the development, implementation, preparation, and monitoring of the annual budget, and serves as a back-up to the Payroll Accountant and Insurance Specialist in the area of payroll and benefit processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the Director of Finance in the areas of budgeting, purchasing, and financial planning, with responsibility for preparing staffing budgets in compliance with salary administration guidelines and labor contracts.
- Assist with the oversight and management of capital improvement and asset planning, monitoring, budgeting, and tracking.
- Use confidential information to prepare cost analyses for labor negotiations and salary and benefit calculations for the annual budget process.
- Serve as the functional back-up to the Payroll Accountant and Insurance Specialist for processing salary, wages, and fringe benefits.
- Process incoming personnel forms and maintain staffing and wage data.
- Perform grant management, oversight, and accounting functions including compliance with periodic financial reporting.
- Assist with preparation and administration of RFP and RFQ bid processes.
- Prepare invoices, budget amendments and transfers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired
- High degree of proficiency using computer applications such as modern financial, payroll, and human resources software, spreadsheets, databases, publishing, and report writing software.
- Knowledge of modern governmental programs and practices including accounting, budget, finance, payroll, purchasing, risk management, information systems and facilities management.
- Paramount attention to detail, initiative, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills.
Education and Experience Required
Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting, finance, public or business administration from an accredited four-year college or university and at least three years of practical government or business experience in finance, budgeting, payroll and employee benefits, or equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the above-noted knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Job Description and Wage Information
Click here for the full job description: https://www.co.champaign.il.us/descript/asd/nbu/FinanceSpecialist.pdf
Wage range: $28.23 - $42.33 DOQ. Champaign County offers an excellent fringe benefits package including paid holidays, paid vacation/personal/sick days, life insurance and retirement benefits.
Applications accepted until March 27, 2023. AA / EEO / ADA
Location1776 E Washington St.
Urbana, IL 61802
How to apply
Online application found at: https://www.applitrack.com/champaign/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Champaign+County
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.