Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst | City of Urbana
Posted on Mar 18, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
The City of Urbana is accepting applications for Financial Analyst or Senior Financial Analyst/Budget Coordinator in our Human Resources & Finance Department. The position will be filled at the Analyst or Senior Analyst level based on the qualifications of the selected candidate. The ideal candidate will be professional, detail oriented, and self-motivated with outstanding analytical skills.
This position is responsible for developing and coordinating the City’s budget processes and provides analysis services for executive management. The incumbent facilitates ongoing business processes by enhancing communication and coordination between various functional areas and performs professional-level budget preparation; analysis; coordination; and administrative work, including professional fiscal analysis and research duties in support of the preparation and administration of capital and operating budgets.
Working under the supervision of the Human Resources and Finance Director, this position responsible for a variety of complex financial issues including policy development, budget development, evaluation of programs and services, and maintenance of the City’s financial management system. Requires ability to exercise independent judgment in the application of sound financial principles. The incumbent is expected to carry out individual responsibilities with initiative, independence, and creativity while exercising sound professional judgment and strong communication skills.
Defining Class Characteristics
Financial Analyst – This is the entry-level class in the Financial Analyst series. Incumbents in this class perform a wide variety of complex and specialized functions that require a thorough knowledge of both finance and business information systems, with a significant degree of independence and accountability for results. This position is expected to exercise initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines in providing technical and professional administrative support in a variety of areas.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or a related field; master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience in systems implementation and conversion. This includes experience in facilitation, development and implementation of accounting and financial computer systems, preferably within a public agency.
- Two or more years of experience in government finance or administration, including experience with budget development and complex financial systems, is strongly preferred.
Senior Financial Analyst/Budget Coordinator – This is the advanced level class in the Financial Analyst series. Incumbents in this class perform the essential functions of the Financial Analyst and must also possess excellent project management skills. This position is distinguished from the Financial Analyst position by its responsibility for managing complex, long-term processes for developing the budget, capital plan, and other efforts.
- A master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in systems implementation and conversion. This includes experience in facilitation, development and implementation of accounting and financial computer systems, preferably within a public agency.
- Four or more years of experience in government finance or administration, including experience with budget development and complex financial systems, is strongly preferred.
The salaries listed below reflect a starting range for each position; the City of Urbana’s compensation plan provides opportunities for growth beyond the starting range. Each position is a full-time, Civil Service position with excellent benefits.
- Financial Analyst: $61,464.53 - $65,143.75 annually
- Senior Financial Analyst: $65,230.31 - $69,147.60 annually
City of Urbana
400 S. Vine St.
Urbana, IL 61801
How to apply
For more information and to apply, please visit urbanaillinois.us/jobs.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but the first round of application review will take place after Friday, April 9, 2021. Interested applicants are stongly encouraged to apply before that date.
|City of Urbana
Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.