Accountant | DuPage County
Posted on Mar 27, 2023 and will remain open until filled.
Annual Salary: $64,000.00; Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
We are pleased to offer the current job opportunity for an Accountant within the County's Finance Department. This position will be responsible for performing accounting work in the maintenance and review of fiscal accounts.
We encourage applicants to submit a resume and a cover letter along with the application of employment.
This is a grant funded position.
- Maintains grant funds allocated to DuPage County under various titles
- Prepares and reviews resolutions to award and appropriate grant funds
- Responsible for grant budget set up on the County Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) by fiscal year, as well as any budget transfers throughout the year
- Requests draw-down of funds from granting agencies
- Reconciles funds allocated and disbursed
- Responsible for expenditure of grant funds including approval of invoices, payroll, indirect costs and reconciliation of cash balances for grants with DuPage County Treasurer's Department
- Prepares bank reconciliations and monitors escrow accounts
- Prepares monthly and quarterly fiscal reports, as well as any required close out reports for grants
- Monitors encumbrances of funds for contracts and reconciles those encumbrances with DuPage County Finance Department
- Maintains fiscal records and documentation of expenditures for auditors
- Assists subcontractors with maintenance of their records and assists auditors contracted to audit subcontractors
- Maintains property management reports for any capital equipment purchased by grants
- Assists in preparation of special accounting reports
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in governmental accounting and administering grants
The preferred candidate will:
- Have experience working with an ERP system within a financial environment
- Be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or progressing towards earning a CPA
A passing score on a basic Word and intermediate Excel test is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Location421 N County Farm Rd
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your online application by visiting https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dupageco/
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.