Comptroller | Peoria Public Schools
Posted on May 21, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
- Prepares and directs development of the budget to support approved programming.
- Prepares and presents the annual tax levies and supporting. documentation.
- Assists in preparation of long-range financial projections of programs and services.
- Develops regular, periodic financial reports to update stakeholders on the financial condition of the District.
- Monitors a variety of aspects of the District budget (e.g., revenues, expenditures, by fund, operating fund and non-operating fund totals, etc.).
- Manages accounts payable and accounts receivable processes and procedures.
- Oversees all Food Service Department operations.
- Manages and monitors the District’s property and casualty insurance program.
- Responsible for processing invoices related to District Health Clinic.
- Manages all school and department Activity Fund accounting processes; performs internal control audits and establishes financial procedures as needed.
- Performs cash flow analysis periodically to ascertain fiscal stability.
- Manages relationship with external auditors.
- Supervises the annual audit process. Oversees the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved and all compliance matters are addressed.
- Works with the District’s Financial Advisors and CFO to manage long-term debt and bond rating.
- Advises principals, supervisors, and other administrators on accounting and internal control procedures, budgeting and cash handling.
- Assists in labor management negotiations and analyzes union negotiation cost assumptions.
- Works integrally with Payroll and Human Resources to insure integrity of accounts and financial data.
- Coordinate long and short-term borrowing program.
- Recommends reduction and cost containment strategies.
- Supervises and evaluates department staff.
- Prepares documents and reports as requested by the Board of Education.
- Performs such other duties and assume such other responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Administers P-Card program.
- Supervises Skyward Support Staff responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the Skyward accounting system
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field required
- CPA credential preferred
- Knowledge of collective bargaining contracts, Board of Education policies, Illinois School Code and Labor Laws.
- Five years of accounting management experience preferred.
- Previous experience in School Business Management preferred.
- Previous experience in supervision of staff.
- Previous experience in student learning environments preferred.
Peoria Public Schools
3202 N Wisconsin Avenue
Peoria, 0 61603
How to apply
Go to https://www.peoriapublicschools.org/domain/64 to apply today!
|Peoria Public Schools
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.