Senior Accountant | Illinois Police Officers' Pension Investment Fund
Posted on Feb 27, 2023 and will remain open until filled.
The Illinois Police Officers’ Pension Investment Fund (“IPOPIF”) was created by the Illinois Legislature and signed into law by Illinois Governor JB Pritzker on December 18, 2019. The law, Public Act 101-0610, provided for the mandatory consolidation of the investment assets of the state’s public safety pension funds into two investment funds – one of which is for police. The consolidation of the investment assets of the 357 involved downstate and suburban police pension plans into one statewide investment asset pool will create a single trust fund with an estimated $9.5billion in assets.
IPOPIF is seeking outstanding applicants for the position of Senior Accountant. Under the direction of the Finance Director/Assistant Executive Director, the Senior Accountant will assist in day-to-day accounting activities for the Fund located in the Peoria, IL office.
The Senior Accountant will perform a variety of specialized and responsible duties related to the day-to-day accounting activities perform highly responsible and complex work, maintenance, and review of fiscal, financial, and statistical records.
Essential job duties:
- Prepare general ledger entries and reconcile with supporting records
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Assist with preparing monthly and annual financial statements
- Maintain timely payment of bills and invoices
- Initiate wire transfers to support administrative and investment operations
- Prepare payroll for IPOPIF staff positions
- Assist with annual external audit
- Support preparation of annual budget
- Prepare government-required reports
- Maintains accounting software used by IPOPIF
- Graduation from an accredited university or college with a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field of study preferred
- CPA designation preferred but not required
- Seven to ten years of experience in government, public accounting, or an investment management institution
- Experience working in professional services or public pension industry
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Teams. and Excel.
- Highly detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong organizational skills
- Any combination of education, training and/or experience that could likely provide the desired knowledge and abilities
Annual Salary Range:
$65,000 - $95,000 DOQ
Illinois Police Officers' Pension Investment Fund
Location456 Fulton Street
Peoria, IL 61602
How to apply
To apply for this opening, please submit your resume and cover letter to Megan Holford at email@example.com with the subject line IPOPIF Senior Accountant position.
|Illinois Police Officers' Pension Investment Fund
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.