Chief Financial Officer (CFO) | Illinois Department of Labor
Posted on Nov 18, 2020 and will remain open until filled.
Subject to administrative approval of the Director of Labor, plans, organizes, administers and evaluates the state-wide operations of the agency’s fiscal program. Develops fiscal policies, provides leadership and direction to the management staff responsible for implementing fiscal policies, procedures and guidelines, prepares agency’s annual budget, monitors and controls agency expenditures, supervises and evaluates accounting staff.
1. Plans, directs and coordinates the state-wide operations of the agency’s fiscal program. Formulates and executes short and long range plans, goals and objectives for the program and the development of fiscal policies and procedures to be utilized throughout all divisions (30%).
2. Monitors and controls expenditures to assure fiscal solvency, advises Director of potential problems and recommends corrective or alternative actions. Interacts with the Director and senior management to provide advise and leadership on fiscal matters (25%).
3. Prepares annual budget documents, working closely with the Office of Management and Budget staff in development of budget requests; responds to General Assembly staff inquiries to achieve the passage of the budget request. Maintains involvement with programmatic issues that affect the agency budget and provides senior management with guidance and information regarding the budget process. Serves as agency spokesperson for fiscal administration (15%).
4. Serves as the agency’s State Purchasing Officer; attends training meetings to learn the newly implemented purchasing system and prepares business case studies for all major agency purchases works with Business Enterprise Program and Fair Contracting Task Force to ensure Agency is in compliance with goals/rules. Serves as the agency telecommunication officer; responsible for monitoring and evaluating telecommunication costs and allocating telecommunication resources such as telephones and cell phones (10%).
5. Supervises staff responsible for processing travel and vendor payments, procurement and obligation documents, inventory transactions and the annual physical inventory. Assigns work, approves time off, provides guidance and training. Completes and signs performance evaluations, counsels staff on problems with productivity, quality of work and conduct (10%).
6. Responsible for performance of an annual evaluation of the systems of internal accounting and administrative controls for the Fiscal Control and Internal Auditing Act (FCIAA) and for identification, description and plan of corrective action for material weaknesses identified during the FCIAA review (5%).
7. Performs other duties as assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above (5%).
Illinois Department of Labor
900 S. Spring St.
Springfield, 0 62704
How to apply
Interested applicants can send their resumes to:
Illinois Departmet of Labor
|Illinois Department of Labor
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.