Director of Finance | Town of Abingdon, VA
Posted on Oct 8, 2020 and will remain open until filled.
The Town of Abingdon, Virginia is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Director of Finance. The successful candidate reports to the Town Manager and will be responsible for general accounting and reporting, debt management, budget management, procurement, capital planning and other duties as assigned by the Town Manager.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
The following education and experience factors are the expected qualifications for successful performance:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
• Eight years of public and/or private sector financial experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience. Successful candidates will possess a base knowledge of governmental accounting through direct operations and/or relevant work history (i.e., auditor).
• Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) as issued by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
• General knowledge of the principles, practices, and equipment of data processing; ability to become proficient in accounting software used by the Town (Edmunds GovTech) within 90 days of hire.
• Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of a public purchasing system and understanding of the Virginia Public Procurement Act.
• Prior experience evaluating complex financial systems and efficiently formulating and installing accounting methods, procedures, forms, and records.
• Prior experience in the financial aspects of project management and with debt management is a plus.
• Thorough knowledge of the use of spreadsheets and other analytical tools to assist in the presentation of financial data in an understandable and usable format.
Town of Abingdon, VA
133 West Main Street
Abingdon, VA 24212
How to apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary expectations and professional references, to The Berkley Group via email at email@example.com. While the position is open until filled, review of candidates will begin Monday, October 19, 2020; however, highly qualified candidates may be invited for interview at any time. Inquiries relating to the Director of Finance position may be directed to:
The Berkley Group
P.O. Box 181
Bridgewater, Virginia 22812
Mobile: (540) 476-1111
|Town of Abingdon, VA
Director of Finance
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.