Accountant/Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist | Northbrook Park District
Posted on Mar 3, 2023 and will remain open until filled.
Responsible for payroll processing and accounts payable processing tasks as well as related administrative support functions through use of the financial accounting software and time and attendance system.
- Process bi-weekly payroll by utilizing the financial accounting system; maintain and complete pay-related administrative tasks to include payroll review and reconciliation, payroll distribution, payroll tax filing and reporting, wage garnishment processing and special pay processing; coordinate with Human Resources Department (HR) on pay and deduction data entry as related to payroll.
- Oversee maintenance and system functionality of the time and attendance software to ensure accuracy of processing based on internal policies, Collective Bargaining Agreement, and all applicable wage and hour laws.
- Perform periodic audits of payroll system data to ensure pay rules operate as intended.
- Serve as main point of contact for employee inquiries regarding payroll; provide support to employees and provide training for employees on payroll software and payroll procedures.
- Process data transfers between the financial accounting system and time and attendance system.
- Create journal entries each pay period to post required transactions to the general ledger.
- Act as main Accounts Payable contact for vendors and employees; maintain vendor records including W-9 forms; assist with inquiries and questions on purchasing procedures.
- Review and process check requests and invoices; prepare and mail signed checks.
- Maintain data entry on daily cash sheets for registration software and ticketing software systems.
- Monitor purchase card (P-Card) administration.
- Issue purchase order requisition forms to facilities and maintain records of expenditures greater than purchasing policy threshold.
- Prepare and file annual 1099 reports.
- Prepare, reconcile, and submit wage and payroll reports including, but not limited to, the monthly Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) wage report, the monthly new hire report, the bi-weekly ICMA plan deductions, and the monthly and quarterly Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) reports.
- Perform physical inventory review at Heritage Oaks Golf Club.
- Perform physical inventory review for District Admin supplies.
- Maintain financial and payroll records, reports, and files in an accurate and confidential manner.
- Foster and maintain effective professional working relationships with the general public and co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Northbrook Park District
Location545 Academy Drive
NORTHBROOK, 0 60062
How to apply
|Northbrook Park District
Accountant/Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.