Accountant Analyst | Village of Niles
Posted on May 17, 2022 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Niles is seeking qualified applicants for the position of a full-time Accountant Analyst. This position will analyze cash management and investment needs, perform accounting and analytical tasks requiring advanced knowledge, responsibility, and expertise, and undertake special projects as needed. This position must be able to analyze problems and operate independently to determine solutions or offer alternatives.
In exchange for outstanding skills, the Village is offering a starting salary of $64,735, depending on qualifications. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance; IMRF pension; 457 plans; paid time off including vacation time, sick time, doctor appointment leave, personal days, and extended leave; a wellness incentive program; and tuition reimbursement with an emphasis on professional development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reconciliation of monthly and year-end general ledger accounts;
- Preparation of appropriate journal entries as needed, including, but not limited to, payroll, banking, purchasing, daily deposits, disbursements, billing, collection, debt, and fixed assets;
- Assist with the annual audit, including preparation of schedules and satisfying requests;
- Analyze cash management and investment needs and set up treasury transfers as necessary to meet those short-term and long-term needs;
- Reconcile/verify daily cash, check, and credit card receipts and prepare associated deposits;
- Prepare, review, and distribute revenue and expenditure reports on a monthly basis;
- Assist in coordinating the management, physical inventory, and tracking of fixed assets;
- Maintain and reconcile activity for escrows (such as engineering or fire hydrant escrows), deposits (such as street and parkway deposits), reimbursements (such as flood control or rear yard drainage reimbursements), and easement grants;
- Understand and comply with GAAP accounting, including GASB Standards and applicable AICPA SASs, and Federal, State, County, and municipal laws;
- Analyze accounting data and other observations or facts to make accounting decisions or recommendations in other areas to Finance Department management;
- Provide costing, analysis, and review of union bargaining proposals and provide feedback and recommendations related to economic impact of proposals;
- Report key financial data to appropriate Finance personnel;
- Undertake special projects as necessary; and
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Conditions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration or substantially similar area; preferred 1-year experience in municipal sector; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Requires ability to attend meetings outside of normal business hours upon request;
- Hours are typically Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Village of Niles
1000 Civic Center Drive
Niles, IL 60714
How to apply
|Village of Niles
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.