Accounting Manager | The City of Des Plaines
Posted on Dec 8, 2022 and will remain open until filled.
Expected Starting Salary: $95,000 +/- Qualifications
Are you a public sector accounting or finance professional who wants to take the next step in your career? Do you thrive in an environment that works with numbers and people? Do you want to work for a highly-professional organization alongside a team of skilled, respected, results-driven professionals? Then keep reading! The City of Des Plaines is a leader in government finance, demonstrated by its consistent awards for excellence in finance management and reporting. We are looking for the right person to join our team as an Accounting Manager!
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close.
- Oversees the preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of accounts, analysis and compilation of revenue and expenditure figures, capital asset schedule maintenance, etc. as well as the administration of finance projects including but not limited to Capital Improvement Budget.
- Work closely with the Director to manage the City’s investment portfolio and cash flow projections, as well as researches/presents investment options.
- Develop and prepare all monthly and annual required filings and provides direct assistance with the annual audit, financial analysis and budget processes.
- Manage the accounting staff along with accounts receivable, as well as the accounting functions of the Finance Department.
We need someone who:
Has a 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university (Graduate degree or C.P.A. preferred).
A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting or finance, with experience supervising, auditing, or preparing budgets preferred (Advanced degree or a combination of education & experience may be substituted for minimum qualifications).
Why Des Plaines?
Our community is vibrant, diverse and at the center of commerce and transportation. Our organization is mission-driven, financially stable and professionally managed. We offer a generous benefits package, IMRF pension, post-retirement health savings plan & deferred compensation plans.
The City of Des Plaines
Location1420 Miner Street
The City of Des Plaines, IL 60016
How to apply
|The City of Des Plaines
|The City of Des Plaines, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.